Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nursing Home

The person I was leaving with was not affiliated with any nursing home. This issue has been solved. The one about the aid not taking care of me I requested to the administrator about because she was very rude with me. The administrator ignored my resident rights and had her taking care of me There is nobody to complain to about it now. This place has new owners that are taking over the first. Visage is the new owners. I hope that they make some immediate changes and I get the chance to tell them what is wrong with this place.

Visage is the new company.

Let us know how you are doing.

CKF

Has anyone had any experience with any nursing homes owned by Visage?

I spelled the name of the new owners wrong it's Vivage. They are based out of Denver, Colorado. They have nursing homes in Colorado, Oklahoma, and now 1 in Southeast Missouri.

I have no idea about them. I hope you are sore free by now?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
    I spelled the name of the new owners wrong it's Vivage. They are based out of Denver, Colorado. They have nursing homes in Colorado, Oklahoma, and now 1 in Southeast Missouri.

I've been sore free for 3yrs.

Great to read that you are free of sores. Hope it stays that way. I had one for over a year that eventually required surgery and it sucks to have to deal with them. Mine was from injuring a place on my butt and not really realizing how to take care of things early post-injury. Plus I was training for a handcycle ride and was focused on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
    I've been sore free for 3yrs.

I had a nurses aid put a pair of pants on me this morning. She failed to check my bed pad to see if it was wet. It was soaked with urine. I was on that pad when she put the pants on I told her the pad and my pants were wet. She argued with me that the pad was not wet just damp from sweat and that my pants were dry. She could not
    tell anything because she was wearing gloves at the time. I told her to change my pants and she said that she wasn't going to and that day shift would have to deal with it and left with the wet pad. This was at 6:25am this morning. The nurse came in ten minutes later. I told her what happened she have heartedly checked my pants and said they were dry. I then pointed out to her where they were wet at she would not check that spot. When the day shift aids got here they checked my pants and verified what I had told the nurse was true. This afternoon I told the head nurse (DON) what happened and that I wanted to file a punishment change against her. This would ruin her career because in nursing and any kind of job taking care of adults or children for life. The CNAS here get away with not doing their duties. I want to make an example out of her to let the others know that this is what will happen to you if you all don't straighten up your acts.
    The DON hasn't gotten back with me. I don't think that she thinks I'm serious about this probably won't do anything about it. I'm serious as a heart attack about this. It will teach the others here that their games are over. They have been doing this lately because they are they want me out of here. They don't like people that are can speak up for them selves. They want people that are not all there (so to speak) so that they can get away with not taking care of them. (not all of the aids are like that) What do I do about that.

Are you currently in a nursing home, or are you at home and dealing with a home health agency? Can't tell from your post.

I don't know about your state, but in my state (CA) you can file a complaint about poor care with the state Dept. of Health, and also call or speak in person the the state Nursing Home Ombudsman for the facility.

All long-term care facilities are required to post, in a conspicuous location, the phone number for the local Ombudsman office and the Statewide CRISISline number. This CRISISline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take calls and refer complaints from residents. Find out if you have such a program in your community, and get to know the ombudsman assigned to your facility.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.