Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy: Another young black male (17 y/o) in Chicago

Andy: Another young black male (17 y/o) in Chicago

Raw footage from police dashcam. ***This is graphic video as a young person is shot so viewer discretion advised.*** The family did not want this video released but a journalist was able to get a judge to release it after pressure from activists and other journos. This occurred in October 2014.

It's hard to sit here in 20/20 hindsight as an armchair commenter (Grammar nazis see: http://grammarist.com/usage/commentator-commenter/) ... apparently the kid had a 3" bladed knife and obviously was not listening to commands. He was found to be shot 16 times by police, even when he fell. A bit excessive, but police are trained to STOP THE THREAT. Now a police officer is charged with first degree murder.

http://www.vox.com/explainers/2015/1...ooting-chicago
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Less clipped resolution/stupid graphics version:

I hear the city paid out 5 million dollars for this before the family even filed suit. I was interested in seeing this last week, thanks for pulling it up. My armchair commentary...Lots of PCP on board, but the kid was steering away from the cop. Maybe they should have waited for the Sgt. with the Taser to show up, maybe not. But I kind of think shooting when the kid is steering away, and continuing shooting when the kid is down (see puffs of pavement dust popping up near the body) kind of sealed the deal on that one. Stopping the threat...heck, they could pull the 'in from behind' maneuver with the vehicle and just knock him down, but not sure what Chicago's procedures are for stuff like this (example below)

Well, that's my Wednesday morning quarterbacking

I was a police officer for 5 years before an off-duty SCI ended my career and I see no display of imminent threat to human life, which is the only reason deadly force should be used.

Another interesting thing...16 times shot? A few obvious misses in that video, so there was a reload done if it was only one cop shooting, which it would seem as only one was charged (too lazy to read the story to see for sure). While the kid was down already?

The officer that was charged arrived on scene and started shooting 30 seconds later. Two officers were shooting, from what I saw.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I stumbled across this gem...

Yup, good 'ol Keysto, err, Chicago cops

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Another interesting thing...16 times shot? A few obvious misses in that video, so there was a reload done if it was only one cop shooting, which it would seem as only one was charged (too lazy to read the story to see for sure). While the kid was down already?
    I don't know what the duty side arm is for his department, or what else he may have been carrying with special dispensation, but the local LEOs here carry the Glock 17, which is 18 rounds of 9x19.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tprewitt View Post
    I was a police officer for 5 years before an off-duty SCI ended my career and I see no display of imminent threat to human life, which is the only reason deadly force should be used.
    Totally agree. That video shows nothing of the kind. Poor kid.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I don't know what the duty side arm is for his department, or what else he may have been carrying with special dispensation, but the local LEOs here carry the Glock 17, which is 18 rounds of 9x19.
    Forgot about that one. Not sure if Chicago transitioned to 40 either, but they love their 9mm FMJ (!?!) and 8lb trigger DAO in past years. Mostly Berretta stuff, but I haven't kept track on current times.

Some commentary from someone with a stronger language skillset than me, but sums things up quite well...

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230923

Every single one of the Chicago police officers from the beat cop on up who knew of tampered evidence and said nothing are accessories after the fact to this apparent crime, yet none will be charged. Every single one of them, were they to be an ordinary civilian, would be facing felony charges right here and now. Were you or I to shoot someone in circumstances similar to this cop it wouldn't take 400 seconds before we were charged rather than 400 days. The city and its government knew damn well how bad this was up front, as evidenced by the fact that they paid off the family long before charges were laid. They didn't have to wait to be sued -- they knew they'd lose, so they forked up the citizens' cash before that ever hit a courtroom. The city government, here's looking at you Rahm, robbed the citizens to pay for the crime committed by the entire Chicago PD.

Everyone, of course, wants to make this about race. It's not about race. It's about murder because we can, and then paying people off with someone else's money that is forcibly taken from them, in this case forcibly taken from the people who live in Chicago. That adds theft to the litany of abuses, all under the general category of corruption, abuse of power and direct violations of your rights.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Black Friday is turning into a 'so what?' event for you...the Black Friday protests about this are in full swing apparently. If you want some live action listening, try to find some Internet Scanner simulcast site that has Chicago Citywide 6 on it for the 'event' channel, or if no luck there, you are looking for District 1 and 18's frequency for the districts involved, pretty much simulcasting calls there also. I have no links for this, HT1000 for me