Thread: 41st anniversary

41st anniversary

My wife and I are both chair users, our 41st wedding anniversary was yesterday. I proposed In Death Valley on a cross country trip in our van with our dog and cat. We were married a day later in city hall in Las Vegas. It has been a wonderful 41 years.

Time and our disabilities have taken their toll but we continue against the tide.

From Ulysses and per Alfred Lord Tennyson:

"We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are-
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Congratulations! You definitely have gone against the tide in maintaining a successful marriage in this day and age!

(KLD)

Congratulations to the both of you! Nine more for the GOLD!

Congratulations on 41 years of love and teamwork. Hope you and your wife have many more anniversaries to celebrate.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Congratulations!

That's awesome! Congrats! To quote my former 50+ y/o supervisor who was in tears while saying this, "I'll never have a 40th wedding anniversary!" lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Very many congratulations, a real achievement!

Congratulations a touching life affirming story!

When we finished our road trip we decided to live in North Carolina where it didn't snow much and everything seemed more accessible. We stayed 1st in a motel in Garner, NC and unfortunately had a room with no window, close by the pop and ice machines. As we tried to sleep partiers constantly sought ice and pop (for mixers no doubt). We had to walk our dog 3 or 4 times daily and our cat became more and more restive . My interview suit hung in the van too close to the cat box, this diminished my confidence during infrequent job interviews. I scored an interview at Sandhills Mental Health Center and was hired by a boss who became a best friend. We found a rental house in Southern Pines, NC. We lived there for a year.5, made good friends at work but became homesick for family and decided to move to Michigan where my wife's roots were.

Happy love anniversary.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein