Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowel care and magic bullets

Blog Entries
    Thanks dude, although both have the same active ingredient, as SCI Nurse stated MB just has better bio availability. Rang Alliance Lab's today about Enemeez and of course they do not ship tp the South Pacific region, their sales person said that a very similar product is Microlax which is available in my country, she agreed that MB & Dulcolax active chemical compound can be a bit harsh on sensitive bowel lining

Quote Originally Posted by gommer View Post
    Thanks dude, although both have the same active ingredient, as SCI Nurse stated MB just has better bio availability. Rang Alliance Lab's today about Enemeez and of course they do not ship tp the South Pacific region, their sales person said that a very similar product is Microlax which is available in my country, she agreed that MB & Dulcolax active chemical compound can be a bit harsh on sensitive bowel lining
    I have to insist, there are thousands of people flying every day from the US to NZ, you just need one of them bringing Enemeez in their bags once every six months. Try to buy in advance just in case you run out of people to bring them: I now have two years worth of Enemeez (ready for apocalypse )

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately I did not know anyone who is currently in the US who I could ask

What is the best number of recommended times to do a bowel program a week? I have always been mine three times a week such as Monday Wednesday and Saturday. When I started using magic bullet suppositories my program took 30 minutes now it consistently takes about 2 hours. I too also used to get constipated quite a bit until my doctor recommended taking Metamucil. I have been taking Metamucil 4 years and now never have issues with constipation.
    Marie
    Unbroken by the grace of God

It is generally recommended to do bowel care at least 3X weekly.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Been using suppositories regularly since February 2015 and myself have noticed over the last couple of weeks on some days that the MB does not appear to work very well and have had to use another later in the day. I am using Normacol Plus at night at present and after second MB it bowel seems to empty. Normacol had Fiber and a purging laxative (herbal from bark of tree). My motions are very loose though so may look at a bulking product. The problem for me with MB is that I do have some feeling and I find the chemical pretty rough which may contribute with the way my bowel is reacting to the product on some occasions. I have some Enemeez and will give that a go soon given the good reviews on forum.

d not add a bulking agent, just use the Enemeez instead of the suppository and use stool softeners( start low dose and increase to max dose twice) with fiber and pre and probiotics instead of laxatives. Laxatives only when no movement.
    CWO

Blog Entries
    Just finished a 1 week course of Trimethoprim 300mg for UTI (not sure if this can effect MB performance) I was thinking of a bulking agent as my stool was so loose, and thanks I will try Enemeez tomorrow morning. The stool situation was why I thought I didn't need a softener and I do not have a straight softener just Laxsol which has Senna in it. I do have some probiotics though though stopped whilst on antibiotics (should have continued), I was a bit worried that as I had been on Normacol Plus for a little while just taking fiber would not help things move from the upper bowel. Do you have some names of standard softeners SCI Nurse ?

Blog Entries
    Well tried Enemeez for the first time yesterday and worked real fast but tummy felt a bit sore all day. Today worked well again but butt hole is bloody sore, not sure if those with sensation in that area have also struck this issue but it is bloody annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by gommer View Post
    Well tried Enemeez for the first time yesterday and worked real fast but tummy felt a bit sore all day. Today worked well again but butt hole is bloody sore, not sure if those with sensation in that area have also struck this issue but it is bloody annoying.
    Consider trying your bowel program every other night or morning rather than every day.

Enemeez comes in two formulations. One has lidocaine, which may make the bowel program more comfortable, and/or you can get a prescription for lidocaine jelly in tube that you can apply several minutes before inserting either a magic bullet or an Enemeez.

All the best,
    GJ