Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prialt experience

Prialt experience

I've been reading about options for medications in my pump. Prialt is an option but most of what I've read is negative (often extremely negative). My research into this medication suggests that many get significant relief. My understanding is that it must be titrated up very slowly due to side effects. I'm wondering if much of the negative feedback is due to stopping medication because of side effects prior to reaching a therapeutic level.

questions

Has anyone used this med for more than one year?
    if so, have you found it worth the struggle to get to a therapeutic level?

Thank you in advance to all who take the time to read this and/or reply.

Thank you SCI-Nurse. The thread is from 2013. So, I shot a message to Ket to see if he's doing ok. Maybe he will update this or original thread. Regardless, always appreciate the replies!!

I read the thread referred to above. It ends without the ending. Somewhere I know I detailed the demise on the board. I never had any success before the side effects hit. In my case extreme aggression. Came up pretty fast out of the blue. I got into arguements with friends and went apeshit on a train platform. Won't detail it but I was sedated for a couple days til I calmed down. If someone wants to search I wrote more.

Ket

Ket, thank you for the reply. So sorry to hear that it turned out to be another difficult up and down. Seems surgeries, meds, etc. get the hopes up but more often than not turn out to be added torture. I appreciate the feedback.

After just 3 months on Prialt my son is now scheduled to have the pump removed. He developed an infection at the incision site which wouldn't heal. The medication never provided any relief. We are so disappointed. And the pain rages on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommycares View Post
    After just 3 months on Prialt my son is now scheduled to have the pump removed. He developed an infection at the incision site which wouldn't heal. The medication never provided any relief. We are so disappointed. And the pain rages on.
    Terribly sorry to hear about your son's experience. Don't know about others but for me, injury itself is a cakewalk compared to the relentless pain. Every time I think there's progress, finds its way back.

I do hope you son finds some relief
    Jason

C5/6 Complete - water skiing accident 1994.

Hi Jeft. I am considering Prialt and wonder if you ever gave it a shot. WebMD posts have some serious negative reviews. Not sure its worth it for me. Appreciate any feedback. Mark

Hi Mark I wrote about my experiences a few times. send me an email if you can't find my posts. -ket

what did you decide? R you trying the snail juice?
    cauda equina