Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StemCells, Inc. Announces Webcast to Discuss Interim Results

Thumbs up StemCells, Inc. Announces Webcast to Discuss Interim Results

StemCells, Inc. (NASDAQ:STEM), a world leader in the research and development of cell-based therapeutics for the treatment of disorders of the central nervous system, will host a webcast to discuss the six-month interim results from the first cohort in its Phase II PathwayTM Study in cervical spinal cord injury. The Company will also provide a progress update on the second 40-patient cohort which is currently enrolling patients.

LINK

I surely will watch ,thank you GRAMMY
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

StemCells, Inc.(NASDAQ:STEM), a world leader in the research and development of cell-based therapeutics for the treatment of disorders of the central nervous system, today announced that the six-month interim results for the first cohort in its ongoing Phase II Pathway™ Study in cervical spinal cord injury (SCI) showed motor improvements in both strength and function. The assessment of motor function involved using tests of dexterity.

LINK

“These are the results we have been waiting to see in our spinal cord injury program. For the first time, we have seen improvements in strength and motor function. While preliminary, these results should come as really exciting news for spinal cord injury patients and their families,” commented StemCells’ CEO Martin McGlynn.

It's not time to start soccer ball shopping yet but I'm excited to read some good news. Thank you for covering this Grammy.

I don't know if the problem is just on my end but I couldn't watch the video. Anyone else having problems to or is it just mine now?

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

heyyyyy skippo...I was born in Antioch man! ...925!

Hahah! Lunasicc! 925 all the time! I just went by the Antioch Speedway today when I was out there at a machine shop.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I don't know if the problem is just on my end but I couldn't watch the video. Anyone else having problems to or is it just mine now?
    The webcast wasn't video per se. Just listening like a radio show and watching slides. Try this link and just click the triangle under the slide. The sound should start automatically for you.

LINK

(It's pretty much all in the article link I posted if you want to save about 40 minutes time and it's easier to digest by seeing it in the article also).
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 11-18-2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: additional information

Isn't this significant?

Based on my 24 years of following spinal cord cures I've never seen this with chronics.

Also it's my understanding that there is a slow migration over time that would improve the lower extremities also. Am I correct?

It's hard to tell what the company wants to reveal. I can't imagine that someone would get hand control, but not get some degree of return in there legs.

If that is occurring they company may not want to reveal it because that's not within the scope of their study.

What is the opinion of other people here?

YES. This is big, IMO. If you go that little broadcast/slideshow listen at about minute 30 to some Q and A. This is what was said:

Q: Can you reveal any of the specific tasks that these patients can do . . .

A: … we have 3 patients who pre-transplant were unable to pick up a key and insert it into a slot — after transplant they were able to pick up the key and insert it into the lock and turn it at the full 90 degrees …

Those were motor complete chronic quads.