Thread: Party & BS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Party & BS

Hello

I am currently doing intermittent cathaterization and have a hard time staying dry while I'm out with my friends having a couple of drinks. I tried to set up a timer in my pocket that would remind me to go to the bathroom but even with 20-30 min intervals I was still wetting myself.

Today I decided to invest in a leg bag and a condom catheter to alleviate that problem. After long evaluation of my bladder I noticed that it doesn't "spasm" it just release all fluids.

Is there any tips I could get for using leg bag ? Also if there are any health concers to be switching between IC and leg bag.

Thanks !

Do you have spontaneous voiding when your bladder fills? or does it just spasm?

Some men have had a sphrincerotomy ? which allows eliminated urine to spontaneously empty

pbr

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Do you have spontaneous voiding when your bladder fills? or does it just spasm?

Some men have had a sphrincerotomy ? which allows eliminated urine to spontaneously empty

pbr

I'm not sure what's going on to be honest because I would always try to stay on top of my IC every 3-4 hrs. But when I feel tingling like I'm full and if I start to undress in a bathroom, It'll start voiding by itself. I'll also void if I feel full and sit down on the toilet but I don't void everything, maybe like 1/4 from my bladder, touching tip of my penis helps with voiding after bladder stopped.

As far as spasms go I think my bladder behaved like that when I had an infection but that's about it. I stay dry between IC every 3-4 hours. I know voiding isn't an issue when I drink alcohol because I would get totally soaked, so does that mean it's safe to use condom cath in that particular situation ? How to check what kind of bladder I have ? Had urodynamics done but nurse wasn't knowledgeable at all and I never heard from the doctor. Thankfully not a lot of infections so I got that going for me.

I just want to socialize and not worry about pissing myself while I'm out with my friends and going to bathroom every 20 min isn't fun.

you could use a condom catheter to prevent leakage during your partying, but I would recommend IC as soon as you are able
    pbr

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    you could use a condom catheter to prevent leakage during your partying, but I would recommend IC as soon as you are able
    pbr

Thank you !

P.S. - I love PBR

HA LOL
    pbr