Thread: Tilite repairs.

Tilite repairs.

Now that I've got a new wheelchair, I want to repair my tilite chair.

My tilite is a TR2. Bought 6 years ago. I have 2 problems with it and would like some suggestion on repairs.

1. My wheel seems splaying at one side, making it a little left heavy. How do I rectify this problem? Is it the camber or the wheel? Would it be solved by buying a new camber tube? Does tilite still sell camber tube for TR2? Can I get the CF camber tube on TR2?

2. My left fork stuck in rotation, felt like there's friction when turning. Is it the bearing? Do I need to change the whole assembly?

I love this chair. This chair has followed me all around the world and a trustworthy companion. 5 continents and still going strong except for the few problems that is bounded to happen after all the abuse. It's sad to let it go collecting dust.

Cheers.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

1. Not sure what your question is, but you can get a new camber tube, (axle tube). Simply use your serial number to order one if you want one to match the original. I don't see the advantage in CF since both probably have the same inserts. But I've never seen finished weight comparisons.

2. Bearings, or swap out the caster wheels.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Camber tubes are notoriously expensive. Definitely bearings.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Camber tubes are notoriously expensive....clip...
    I would have to look it up, but I think I got an aluminum one from Stephan for a 100 plus or minus.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

For issue two, is it the caster fork that doesn't turn, or the caster wheel? if it's the fork, than it's the caster barrel bearing. that requires a little work to replace.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

For #2, here is what you probably need (bearings highlighted in yellow). Bearings are probably R8-2RS; bearing seals will have that nomenclature embossed on them in tiny print.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    For #2, here is what you probably need (bearings highlighted in yellow). Bearings are probably R8-2RS; bearing seals will have that nomenclature embossed on them in tiny print.
    Chas is correct. You did say fork not wheel. Bolt number 2 in the drawing is what takes it apart. Bearings as shown are bad. Others use same as rear wheels as he shows, Tilite probably does too.