Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: QUADS ONLY: What do you enjoy doing or what makes you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeinNC View Post
    friggin awesome DeadEye, congratulations, does your organization have a website? Fly fished and tied before my injury, did try it once successfully post injury, but never did again, I need to remedy that
    I run the Virginia Wheelin' Sportsmen program. Our website is: http://www.vanwtf.com/wheelin.aspx

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VaWheelinSportsmen/
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

c5-6 here. 28yrs post. work for bike-on and love handcycling. I train with my wife. nothing better than leaving the chair in the car and going out for a long crank.

last summer on the trail

Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    c5-6 here. 28yrs post. work for bike-on and love handcycling. I train with my wife. nothing better than leaving the chair in the car and going out for a long crank.

last summer on the trail

that's cool!

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Lucid dreaming, reading, painting, listening to music, lying to strangers...
    Are you a mouth painter or do you use your hands?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I think you will find that that is not true for many people on these forums. Do you participate in any sports (quad rugby, swimming, sailing, power soccer, etc. etc. etc.). What did you used to do that you can't do now (in a different way)??

(KLD)
    C3 vented and can't do anything I used to do even allowing for adaptions. Prior to my accident I was a cyclist, worked in bike industry and out almost every day riding, no hand movement now so can't hand cycle. Sailed skiffs and twin trap dinghies so used to having main/kite and planing up wind, keel boat holds little appeal,windsurfed as well, once again loved the speed. Loved cars/motorbikes, had just replaced my Porsche 911 with a new Boxter S and had a Ducati sportbike and BM GSA for touring. I was addicted to speed no matter what the toy. That can't be replaced, nothing I can do gets anywhere near close to the adrenaline rush I'd get. Bought a Molten Rock Boma 7 off road wheelchair last year but we are still struggling with how to steer it, head control bounces too much and is non proportional and chin control end up with controller being shoved into my trache. Have managed a few technical DH trails with it and scared myself and carers with what it is capable of.

Only thing that still gives me a buzz is working. Left my old employer after the accident and now self employed and competing with them. Getting out to mountain biking events or trade shows is always good to catch up with friends in the business.

Bump.

Anything else?

My wife and I run a sizeable farm in South Dakota. I guess I enjoy the rush in the spring when the planter hits the field and when the combining starts. Not so much the waiting for rain or sometimes the hired help. This last winter bought a couple of storage units at auction (it was like Christmas opening them up.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsj View Post
    My wife and I run a sizeable farm in South Dakota. I guess I enjoy the rush in the spring when the planter hits the field and when the combining starts. Not so much the waiting for rain or sometimes the hired help. This last winter bought a couple of storage units at auction (it was like Christmas opening them up.
    Let me know if you have any of those big, pesky SD whitetails that need hunting by a Virginia quad. Have gun, and bow, will travel.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

I really enjoy hanging out with my wife and 15 month old son, chasing him around, giving him rides on my chair, going to motocross/supercross races (what I did before my SCI) as well as watching them on TV. I also like traveling, hanging out with friends, and just LIVING life!

I like riding in a motor boat or sailboat, especially when the salt spray hits me on a hot day. I also like getting caught in the rain in the summer and taking my shirt off to get a free shower. But I have to be in the manual chair for that. Rain and the power chair don't mix well.