Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: QUADS ONLY: What do you enjoy doing or what makes you happy?

Spend most of my time on the PC (net and gaming) and watching TV. Not a whole lot of options for someone living on $750/mo. social security and welfare...sure can't afford a $20-30 thousand dollar wheelchair van...that'd make a world of difference to say the least.
    C6/7 Complete

14 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by Boompow View Post
    Spend most of my time on the PC (net and gaming) and watching TV. Not a whole lot of options for someone living on $750/mo. social security and welfare...sure can't afford a $20-30 thousand dollar wheelchair van...that'd make a world of difference to say the least.
    Do you play wow, if so how?

I workout while watching Netflix/tv.

Watch the markets as oil price dives and the CAD (loonie) sinks. Lots of fun!

Paint acrylic on canvas when my feet aren't swelling.

Check out the internet to find info and hit up social media.

Read articles I find interesting and educational.

But always looking for new activities with low stress and low cost... because I'm done with blowing money to find out I only want to smash what I've just purchased into millions of pieces.

live tweeting the markets/sports/TV shows. Getting my drink on to kill time and luckily enough no hangovers. Spending money on things I don't need/will use. Life sucks with no friends.

As a quad there's not much you can do but I try as much as possible having a normal life
    things that I normally do would be watching Discovery channel and Netflix, spending a lot of time on the iPhone playing Forge of empires Facebook and the CareCure forum, exercising on the static hand bike, shopping and Starbucks in the shopping centre that's just across the street from my apartment...
    but what I enjoy doing is going out, dinners and going for drives with my gf, parks and the beach, seeing friends and family having a drink, and when the weather allows it barbecues ...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Do you play wow, if so how?
    You interested in gaming? There's this video of a quad on YouTube playing on PS3 with special controllers which is really cool
    http://youtu.be/o9zHecG2Xg4

this is where you can get them from: http://www.broadenedhorizons.com/pro...-game-controls

I'm a C6-7 complete. I've had the good fortune to own and ride UTVs and several sports cars. I competed with the Sports Car Club of America in my Miata for 8 years in solo competition. Even won 6 class championships. I've pulled skiers in powerboats, driven pontoon boats too. Now - I had to have help getting in every boat and UTV. But I was able to get in and out of the cars independently (not counting my chair) until this year's shoulder surgery.

This is not to boast, but to say what is possible with help and determination.

Lucid dreaming, reading, painting, listening to music, lying to strangers...

I'm a C5-6, 43 years post and pushing 60. In addition to working PT, I run a non-profit hunting/fishing outdoor opportunity program for people with disabilities here in Virginia. It's my passion and has added tremendous value to my life knowing I am helping so many disabled sportsmen get back outdoors and giving them tons of opportunities.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    I'm a C5-6, 43 years post and pushing 60. In addition to working PT, I run a non-profit hunting/fishing outdoor opportunity program for people with disabilities here in Virginia. It's my passion and has added tremendous value to my life knowing I am helping so many disabled sportsmen get back outdoors and giving them tons of opportunities.
    friggin awesome DeadEye, congratulations, does your organization have a website? Fly fished and tied before my injury, did try it once successfully post injury, but never did again, I need to remedy that