Thread: strange formatting when I write in word and copy here

Blog Entries

strange formatting when I write in word and copy here

I write myposts in Word because my computer crashes so much that I lose whatever I writeon the site. But now everything is coming up all garbled and strange, both hereand in Gmail. Has anyone any idea what?s going on? The below is what happenedwhen I tried to say this directly:
    I write my posts in word I be using? Although I am dictating this directly and it is still screwing up. Mass tab M line ride inward because my computer crashes so much that I lose things if I write on the website. But lately I forma coming out all Does anyone know if there's a different formatI
    I should be using? Although I am dictating this directly and it is still screwing up. Mass tab M line

Microsoft Word has a lot of "control characters" for for many things it does for documents. If you want to get rid of all the junk the easiest way is to paste into Microsoft notepad then take it from there and paste wherever you want.

Putting it in notepad changes into pure ASCII text.

I don't know if this is any help - but if your PC crashes a lot, you might want to try loading some flavor of Linux (Ubuntu is easy) as a dual boot and see if the crashes still persist. You may very well have most of the functionality you have with Windows.

Blog Entries
    Delayed. Manythanks. Is there any way to put it inpure ASCII text within word?

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Delayed. Manythanks. Is there any way to put it inpure ASCII text within word?
    You'd need to save the Word document as a text file to get Word to strip out the non-ASCII stuff. Why not use Notepad or one of the better freeware/low cost text editors (Notepad++, EditPlus, UltraEdit, Sublime Text) instead?

Blog Entries
    . Thanks food for thought. I live in word and don't at the moment see the transition happening, but I may soon upgrade to greater memory possibilities And expand my horizons., In which case I will be back for your always quick advice. Maybe by then I will have train Dragon to let me use commas.