I am a 32-year-old male C4/5 complete quad, 13 years post injury. I recently got a Fitbit Charge HR to monitor my activity (not so much steps) and heart rate. I use an RT 300 twice-weekly, stand twice-weekly, and do wrist weights twice-weekly. I always wanted to know how much my heart rate changes!

Since getting the activity tracker, I have learned that might heart rate goes up when I go to sleep. It's nothing crazy, but it goes from my resting heart rate of ~65 BPM to ~80/90 BPM. As the night goes on, my heart rate slowly trends down. It's fairly linear. It trends down until about noon, even though I wake up at 5:30 AM during the week and 9 AM on the weekend. When I googled this, but they maainly discuss very rapid heart rates (>110 BPM).

I sleep on my back and think that it's possible that I have sleep apnea. I always feel like I sleep really well at night. I wake up occasionally, but I fall asleep easily. However, in the last couple of years I started having spurts during the day where I'm uncontrollably tired. It's usually when my brain is very active (manipulating spreadsheets at work on my computer, in a meeting where I'm just listening, etc.) Is this worth trying to get a sleep study done?