Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZX-1 Manual into Power Chair Options?

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    CCC = Care Cure Community (this website). Scroll to top of the page, and look to left.

pattherat = CCC user name of the inventor of the ZX-1
    Thanks for the clarification . Appreciate it. Still learning all the acronyms

FWIW, several other acronyms you'll find on CCC:

AB = Able Bodied
    AHSR = Aluminum Hub Soft Roll casters
    FL = Frog Legs
    (e.g., 5" FLAHSR)
    SD = SmartDrive
    CoG = Center of Gravity (i.e., axle position)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Yes, both ZX1 and power assist wheels. Don't know your situation but the power assist wheels may help wheeling around indoors as well as trips in a car that doesn't have a trunk lift to pick up the heavy zx1.
    I rarely use my ZX1 indoors - live in a small home and my shoulders are still ok for indoor pushing around. I think someone else on here addressed the issue of whether one could use the two devices at the same time. I think there was some problem with combining them. In that case it would be cumbersome to have to remove the power wheels and put on standard wheels every time you wanted to use the ZX1.
    It might be helpful to provide information on your physical limitations, as well as what you need to be able to do daily, such as work, school, homemaker, kids, what vehicle if you drive, etc.
    I am paralyzed from chest down, weak shoulders from over-use not paralysis. I'm active each week - one class weekly where I go up a hill to entrance, shopping, cooking. A nice thing about zx1, when I get to class I "doff" it in order to move around the classroom - I park it in a corner then get back into it when I leave.

triumph,
    Thanks! I guess I'm still not sure what the benefits of the Zx1 would be if we go with a Efix. They seem to do the same thing/provide the same value? OR am I missing something. Just trying to clarify .

Thank you!

I'm also a ZX-1 user, was using E-motion wheels before from time to time. As far as I can see, Efix and Zx-1 do the same. BUT you can hook/unhook the ZX-1 alone, easily, in 10 seconds. So, you have a manual chair, lightweight, maneuverable, with this electric add on removable exactly when you want. With the Efix, you have to drag all this stuff all the day, even if you don't need it anymore, because you can't separate it.
    On the other hand, if s.o helps you, the Efix can be broken in small parts, and then put in a car. It can be difficult to do the same with the ZX-1. I hope this can help you.
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

One question I have is I have a Roll X van with a chair lock down so I do drive. The ZX1 looks as if it will get in the way of the lock down and the e-motion will clear as it doesn't stick down getting in the way. I do believe the e-motion can be turned off for non use around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by phlirv View Post
    One question I have is I have a Roll X van with a chair lock down so I do drive. The ZX1 looks as if it will get in the way of the lock down and the e-motion will clear as it doesn't stick down getting in the way. I do believe the e-motion can be turned off for non use around the house.
    Thus far I have not heard of a person with attached zx1 driving from it - due to tie down issue. Don't know if driver tie downs work with e-motion type wheels - maybe someone here can address that.
    Last edited by triumph; 11-26-2015 at 10:59 AM.

deleted duplicate
    Last edited by triumph; 11-29-2015 at 09:59 AM.