Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZX-1 Manual into Power Chair Options?

Question ZX-1 Manual into Power Chair Options?

Has anyone tried one of these Spinergy ZX-1 options to change a manual chair into a Power chair....or any other options/manufacturers that you might like? Thanks!

http://www.newmobility.com/2015/11/spinergy/

I have one and I love it. I can roll on on grass and hold something in my hand while rolling around

The ZX-1 inventor is a member of CCC: pattherat.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

My wife has a ZX-1 and considers it indispensable. I have a SmartDrive which is nice but the ZX-1 is a wonderful piece of equipment. My wife upgraded to lithium batteries, recommend you get these and extend your range.

I have a ZX-1 as well. It works very well. I don't use it a lot, just because I prefer to get as much exercise as possible in my manual chair when I venture outside.

How does this compare to the Efix 25? http://www.alber-usa.com/

I can see the positives. Any negatives you might have experienced (hows the reliability, and repairs, finding batteries/parts etc. do you have to go through a DME to get stuff done...sorry I havent seen this before, or heard of the company). Is it easy to install and travel with (does it fit in the trunk of a car or small suv)?

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    The ZX-1 inventor is a member of CCC: pattherat.
    I'm sorry, I wasnt sure what CCC: pattherat is....

Quote Originally Posted by noworries View Post
    I'm sorry, I wasnt sure what CCC: pattherat is....
    CCC = Care Cure Community (this website). Scroll to top of the page, and look to left.

pattherat = CCC user name of the inventor of the ZX-1
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Last time I checked there were about 13 or so folks on this site who have the ZX1. I'm one of them and it's changed my life. I'm older and started having weakness in shoulders with lots of difficulty pushing outdoors. Now use ZX1 every time I go out.
    I have a van, so I can zip into it, staying in the scooter until I transfer to driver's seat.
    Travel in a car could be an issue for you as it weighs about 70 pounds, and not practical to take apart. A trunk lift for scooters might work, then you can wheel around to enter car.
    If you can get BOTH it would be awesome. However, I have heard the power assist wheels are heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Last time I checked there were about 13 or so folks on this site who have the ZX1. I'm one of them and it's changed my life. I'm older and started having weakness in shoulders with lots of difficulty pushing outdoors. Now use ZX1 every time I go out.
    I have a van, so I can zip into it, staying in the scooter until I transfer to driver's seat.
    Travel in a car could be an issue for you as it weighs about 70 pounds, and not practical to take apart. A trunk lift for scooters might work, then you can wheel around to enter car.
    If you can get BOTH it would be awesome. However, I have heard the power assist wheels are heavy.
    When you say BOTH, are you referring to the Zx1 and the efix....if so what would be the benefit in having both? They seem to do provide the same value, not sure if one has any different benefit?

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it.