Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TiLite New folding TX Series 2 Design--anyone seen these yet?

TiLite New folding TX Series 2 Design--anyone seen these yet?

Does anyone know when the new folding TiLite TX design will be ready for the market?

https://mobilitymgmt.com/articles/20...tralights.aspx
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by em; 11-11-2015 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added to title
    EM

The TX2 is anticipated in the first quarter of 2016. There are additional chair details here.
    Incidentally, is that LaGrange, NC?

Will this chair be compatible with smart drive's latest version

Yes, and there is an update here on the TX2 availability.

I like the design of the TX2, I still don't see when it will be available anywhere. I also have a 2gx in mint condition, just don't like it because of the swing away footrests. Is there any trade up program on these? It is a folding chair. Bought it originally from Tilite as a demo and have not used it much at all. I like the frame design of the TX2 as it is more narrow up and down and would be easier pulling it in the car in between me and the steering wheel, I do this with the wheels removed. Anybody know the weight of just the frame on the TX2? I know the regular TX lists 12.3 pounds, is the TX2 more or less? 12.3 pounds is pretty light. I've been considering a carbon fiber chair that is 10 pounds. It's between the carbon fiber chair and the TX2 right now for me.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Looks like the page has been updated, weight is now listed as 11 pounds for a 16 x 16 chair, that's pretty darn light.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I'm vaguely interested. I've been in the market for a new backup folder for quite some time now, and had more or less decided on the Quickie Neon, but I can't bring myself to deal with the whole rigmarole of being talked over/ignored/immensely over-charged that is the reality of going to a dealer in this country.

When will the order form be available? The sooner I can find out if it won't be suitable, the sooner I can resume psyching myself up to find a dealer. Oh joy.

It may be faster to ask: does anyone know if I could get 4"+ dump? The first TX allows a max of 3", causing me to immediately discount the idea...

Tia, Amy

Looks nice. I could use a new folder. I need to find a new local vendor, though. I'd be hesitant to order such an expensive chair over the internet. One bad measurement and boom, I'm stuck with a mess. I have heard so many good and bad things about Tilite, though.

I may just go a little cheaper and get an aluminum AeroX or a Quickie. Still, with such a light chair, I could use that thing in my coupe. My rigid is a monster by comparison.

Eventually I will be taking on the ugly and monstrous task of dealing with an underinformed DME vendor and a get by cheap insurance company to try and replace my 8 year old quickie 2hp thinking tilite 2gx or another quickie need to go lighter weight appreciate any list of pro's or cons. I expect this to take 3 months to a year and a half probably closer to the latter.Why does it have to be so hard?

Looks like TiLite has already discontinued this chair.
    Having to re-think TiLite chairs since they bought by Permobil.
    This was going to be 4th Ti, but will start looking at other chairs...
    EM