Thread: 0 (zero) gravity?

0 (zero) gravity?

Did anyone ever have 0-gravity therapy? Does something like this even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Did anyone ever have 0-gravity therapy? Does something like this even exist?
    Do you mean the treadmill like the AlterG?

http://www.alterg.com/products/anti-gravity-treadmills/p200/athlete-consumer

Last edited by GRAMMY; 11-10-2015 at 09:38 PM.

This company uses what is called the ZeroG. Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.facebook.com/AretechLLC/?ref=profile

I have often wished I could live in space. I probably have enough function to run on a treadmill in space. I officially volunteer to go to Mars. No return necessary.

I've used the ZeroG system at the local brain & spine gym. It's a slick system. I'm C7 complete, but for those incomplete it's a great tool for offering safe support walking (do nothing until the patient fell, then catch the line). I found it most useful in providing some assist while learning skills like climbing off the floor. Attached to a body harness, it could be programmed to provide a certain level of assist to make the task easier. Ten or twenty pounds made a world of difference.

I not mean the treadmill. Literally like outer space. I thought there were things created that literally do counter gravity. I not sure, but was definitely thinking if you had the neurological to activate something, the zero gravity would be something that could compensate for lack of strength. Once we get injured, we lose strength at incredible speed. Rebuilding that is far opposite and takes long time.

Aaah....this is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlevy View Post
    I have often wished I could live in space. I probably have enough function to run on a treadmill in space. I officially volunteer to go to Mars. No return necessary.

You have been spending way to much time on the nutty part of the internet if you think there is anything that counters gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    I not mean the treadmill. Literally like outer space. I thought there were things created that literally do counter gravity. I not sure, but was definitely thinking if you had the neurological to activate something, the zero gravity would be something that could compensate for lack of strength. Once we get injured, we lose strength at incredible speed. Rebuilding that is far opposite and takes long time.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Well, there are parabolic flights, which enable you to experience weightlessness for 20-30 seconds at a time. They're an expensive novelty, not a practical rehabilitation tool. That said, Stephen Hawking enjoyed his few moments of weightlessness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmurxp8m9Dk

No, not Internet. I thought heard something like this long time ago. Even if did exist, it probably would cost arm and leg. Still be broke if Medicare paid 80%. Come on now. Concept could maybe benefit.