Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: My response to "handicap parking" abusers!

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    middle georgia
    Posts
    2,205
    I have ask people why and if looks could kill I would be dead motcycle really piss me off I am pretty fit and I will park away from crowd but some places to me are dangerous as they are on a hill and I am scared

    I will not park on a hill and try to get out I am terrified

  2. #12
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    My mother has a placard. I have no f*cking idea why. There is nothing wrong with here. Her husband, I do not know. He was in army now drives tractor trailer. I assume he ok as well - at least from what I see. I really would like to destroy the placard she has. Beats the hell out of me. I have told her countless times, if I get my license, I REFUSE to actually park in handicap spot. Yes I would be able to , but will simply park far enough away, such that I can do what I need to. My uncle, he parks in out space. I plan on parking in outer space as well.
    Sometimes it's easier just to park in 'outer space' but the risk is wheeling up to the store behind cars that can't see you. I've done it though - many times.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hampstead NC
    Posts
    1,099
    I too get pissed off by non-placard drivers, usually at the holiday season Jean (wife) will park at the far end of an aisle of cars, so the passenger door is clear. We use a Bruno side-walker lift to load my wheelchair into the van. I transfer into the passenger side of the van so that side does need some excess clearance to permit my transfer. But I do post my placard where ever I happen to park.

    But to simply look at a person who apparently are AB doesn't mean they do not actually deserve a placard. Breathing or heart problems come to mind. They look OK but aren't. Before I kept falling down for no apparent cause and started to use a power-chair, my shoulders are destroyed as well. I did not "look" to be deserving or needing of a placard, it was all I sometimes could do to walk even from a HP parking place to a store. The pain was excruciating, but aside from a limp, I think I disguised my problems quite well. The thing is you cannot always tell a book from its cover.

  4. #14
    That is what keeps me from giving the hairy eyeball, you just don't know for sure.

  5. #15
    It would be stupid to confront anybody. Because you don't know what that person might do. You could easily end up dead. Many years ago I saw a paraplegic that looked like a bodybuilder confront a guy. And he ended up on the ground from a bunch in the face.

  6. #16
    Senior Member pfcs49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NW NJ ***********T12 cmplt since 95
    Posts
    1,555
    Tuesday I went to a doctor whose office is in a little office park. The little lot has only two handicapped spaces and every other space is usually full or near full.
    It was raining and there's a FedEx van diagonally taking both spaces.
    So I park right across the rear of it and transfer out into my chair. Then the dumbass driver comes out and says "what are you doing?!! I was only here 30 seconds!"
    So I explained: it's been a LOT longer than 30 secs; you could have left it in the middle of the area with no problem; you have two choices: agree to get in my car and move it, move the van, and park my car please OR wait until the cop comes and gives you a ticket.
    He made the sensible decision.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    It would be stupid to confront anybody. Because you don't know what that person might do. You could easily end up dead. Many years ago I saw a paraplegic that looked like a bodybuilder confront a guy. And he ended up on the ground from a bunch in the face.
    I see you live in Florida. If you see George Zimmerman pulling into a handicapped space, don't confront him.

    Merry Christmas!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Tuesday I went to a doctor whose office is in a little office park. The little lot has only two handicapped spaces and every other space is usually full or near full.
    It was raining and there's a FedEx van diagonally taking both spaces.
    So I park right across the rear of it and transfer out into my chair. Then the dumbass driver comes out and says "what are you doing?!! I was only here 30 seconds!"
    So I explained: it's been a LOT longer than 30 secs; you could have left it in the middle of the area with no problem; you have two choices: agree to get in my car and move it, move the van, and park my car please OR wait until the cop comes and gives you a ticket.
    He made the sensible decision.
    UPS and FedEx trucks like to use handicapped spots and block curb cuts. Good job

  9. #19
    Here's my favorite handicapped parking tale. I'm putting my chair together last week...a minivan pulls into the handicapped spot next to me. The side van door opens. A mother points her 2 year old out the van who proceeds to urinate towards me, all over my hair and the ground where I assemble my chair. Van door closes, with me yelling, as they start to leave, I notice the Romney 2012 sticker on their bumper... Gotta love America

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeHalsted View Post
    Here's my favorite handicapped parking tale. I'm putting my chair together last week...a minivan pulls into the handicapped spot next to me. The side van door opens. A mother points her 2 year old out the van who proceeds to urinate towards me, all over my hair and the ground where I assemble my chair. Van door closes, with me yelling, as they start to leave, I notice the Romney 2012 sticker on their bumper... Gotta love America
    Wait, you got pissed on!?!?!? That's jacked up.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 06:12 PM
  2. "oh shit" handle for handicap cars?
    By kovyfan1127 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 01:30 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 01:18 AM
  4. A huge accident in the "handicap" restroom!!
    By ChopperChick in forum Life
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 08:56 PM
  5. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 05:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •