Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fast-tracked 2017 e-stim?

Has anyone heard of Better Being Hospital in Bangkok,doing stem cell and epidural transplant?

Welp it's 2017 now!

That's what I was thinking too! lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/bl...akers-non.html

PathMaker Neurosystems, a Boston company that's been developing a cure for neurological motor disabilities using electrical pulses since last year, has earned an FDA designation that could speed up approval.
    The company announced Thursday that it received an expedited access pathway. The designation, established by the federal agency in April 2015, is for devices that help treat a life-threatening or debilitating condition, and meets an unmet need...
    April 2016 Update:

http://www.feinsteininstitute.org/20...e-contraction/

PathMaker also announced that it has received positive confirmation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that clinical trials for MyoRegulator constitute non-significant risk (NSR) device studies. NSR designation by the FDA allows clinical trials to proceed in the U.S. without the need to submit for approval an Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) application, because the trials, as assessed by FDA, are not considered to present a potential for serious risk to the health, safety or welfare of a subject. PathMaker's MyoRegulator was also one of the first products designated for FDA's Expedited Access Pathway (EAP), a new FDA pathway intended for breakthrough products to facilitate patients gaining more rapid access to critical medical devices by expediting their development, assessment and review.

MyoRegulator is a first-in-class, non-invasive device for treating patients with spasticity using our proprietary DoubleStimTM technology for multi-site neurostimulation. Spasticity is a common and disabling condition found in many patients with stroke, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, brain injury and other neurological conditions, and there are over 15 million patients worldwide affected by spasticity. Patients with spasticity have damaged neural pathways that give rise to hyperexcitable spinal circuits, and our DoubleStimTM technology has been shown in published animal studies to able to suppress the hyperexcitability, thereby leading to reduced muscle spasticity. MyoRegulator is an investigational device and is limited by United States law to investigational use only.

http://pmneuro.com/news/in-the-news/

Last edited by GRAMMY; 01-07-2017 at 01:30 AM. Reason: added the news video

I just had an appointment withy neurisurgeon about a month ago and I straight up told him that I wanted to get the screws and shit out of my back so that I could try some of this stim stuff, and he flat out told me that it didn't work yet. what god damned liar...

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    Nauticalmike, I was thinking along those lines this morning, just a couple of hours ago. A day or so after my accident, doctors were ready to operate on my broken back. Another issue came up, causing that surgery not to take place. I've always known that that surgery MIGHT have given me a little function back. But only recently, I've been thinking about it being nice that I don't have metals in my body.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Jackijb View Post
    Has anyone heard of Better Being Hospital in Bangkok,doing stem cell and epidural transplant?
    Yes...and
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Did someone tell you that you had to have the metal removed? I have metal and I took part in one of the trials for this equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone57 View Post
    Did someone tell you that you had to have the metal removed? I have metal and I took part in one of the trials for this equipment

Can you please say which trial you participated in. What you had done to you and any results?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I'm going to chime in but feel free to correct me -- my OT says you can't stim over something like a PACEMAKER due to conflicting electrical currents. Don't think it's actually the metal.

yeah, they need to get the show on the road w this! Just got my first pump last month and I HATE IT! I've promised myself I won't need the replacement in 5-7 yrs cuz there'll be something better.