Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fast-tracked 2017 e-stim?

Fast-tracked 2017 e-stim?

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/bl...akers-non.html

PathMaker Neurosystems, a Boston company that's been developing a cure for neurological motor disabilities using electrical pulses since last year, has earned an FDA designation that could speed up approval.
    The company announced Thursday that it received an expedited access pathway. The designation, established by the federal agency in April 2015, is for devices that help treat a life-threatening or debilitating condition, and meets an unmet need...

There really isn't a lot of info in that article ... but I wonder how the Reeve Foundation feels about this?
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I couldn't see what this device did. Was it similar to what Susan harkema and the Reeve foundation are doing? Hopefully so. We are all desperate for any increase in the quality of life!

Here's some information I had put together this last summer along with a video.

LINK

Quote Originally Posted by Peders View Post
    I couldn't see what this device did. Was it similar to what Susan harkema and the Reeve foundation are doing? Hopefully so. We are all desperate for any increase in the quality of life!
    It is a similar idea, but a much different approach. I'm still not sure exactly what the mechanism of trans-spinal direct current stim is, and therefore what the differences of it are compared to transcutaneous or epidural stimulation. I would guess the results from the above approach wouldn't be as robust as what is seen in transcutaneous or epidural stimulation, but I do think it could be a very useful addition to physical therapy or exercise.

It seems UC San Diego will implant epidural stimulators to aid walking in people who have some movement in their legs:

http://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/n...imulation.aspx

Will this cure bladder bowel sexual function in chronic lumbar injury patients?

Quote Originally Posted by mamadavid View Post
    It seems UC San Diego will implant epidural stimulators to aid walking in people who have some movement in their legs:

http://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/n...imulation.aspx
    I called them for a price quote but they never called me back!! Have you spoken to anyone from UC San Diego?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone57 View Post
    I called them for a price quote but they never called me back!! Have you spoken to anyone from UC San Diego?
    Enquired by email in late August but no reply. Was wondering if anyone else had been in contact with them about this.

this is a positive thing but the words "fast-tracked" and "2017" seem a little 'off' to me....(sorry, I admit that I am disgruntled somewhat)
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I did, and they want to run ir through my insurance (yeahhhhhh) and I will talk to them again tomorrow. Yes I walk, but scare the crap out of everyone that sees me doing it, maybe it’s for for me. Nothing else has come along so far.