Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want a Live Blog from Asilomar?

You're welcome. We can make this happen.

HUGE thanks to Karen Miner, David Levy, Cheryl Bianchi, Josh Nix, James McMurter, Joan Griswold, Bob Yant, Marco Venturi, Ryan and Jodi Clausing, Barbara Carlile, Don Reed, Lynn Kirkpatrick, Paolo Cipolla, Corinne Jeanmaire, and many who chose to stay anonymous . . .

The fund stands at more than 3/4 of the way there, with five days left before I have to pull the trigger and buy some plane tickets. Even more than the dough, that list of backers is humbling. Some high-quality folks right there putting cash on the barrelhead & trusting me to deliver something worthwhile.

Which I will. Here's the link!

Come on guys! You think $5 dollars won't help? If everyone who read this thread gave $2 we would help Kate reach her goal which helps ALL of us. If we can't support one another who will? Let's do this!
    ______
    Awe at my magnificent coq!

"You may say I'm a dreamer
    but I'm not" - J. Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by eks View Post
    Come on guys! You think $5 dollars won't help? If everyone who read this thread gave $2 we would help Kate reach her goal which helps ALL of us. If we can't support one another who will? Let's do this!
    Thanks, eks -- at this moment more than 90% done. It's time to check out flights and make plans for what to blog about.

So, I set up the blog. Leaving for CA in the morning. Stay tuned!

curescience.wordpress.com

As usual, it's head-spinning to be in a strange place among lots of strangers while trying to capture and translate science. Also frustrating, interesting as hell, and exhausting. Tomorrow they're going to spend the morning on devices, so we'll see how that goes. I'm glad to be done with the relentless "proof" slides that show how sure they are that this or that protein/gene is responsible for this or that result.

Gene therapy is going to work. Eventually. I believe that, based on the sheer brilliance of the people who are engaged in using it to figure out how to fix SCI. But just like cell replacements, it's going to take some doing to answer all the questions that remain.

In the meantime, neuroprosthetics . . . that's for the morning.

Kate – did you get a chance to sit in on Wednesday's panel debate chaired by Gordon Mitchell? I haven't seen it mentioned in the blog thus far.

Thank you so much for all your hard work, it's a real service for those of us who can't be there!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Kate!

I see Kate ended her blog with the presentation of Yukio Nishimura (National Institute for Physiological Sciences (NIPS), Japan)

I was hoping she could report about the debate: Is the Cortico-Spinal Tract regeneration required for recovery of hand functions?

I see Ephron Resenzweig wrote a song about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IhfX50u1Gw

In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

The actual performance is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI15gYAGrwY
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming