Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want a Live Blog from Asilomar?

Want a Live Blog from Asilomar?

Hi, everybody

Recently it was suggested to me that the community could benefit from hearing about conferences other than Working 2 Walk -- especially the one that happens every other year at Asilomar. I checked to make sure they'd be okay with a live report published to the internet (they said fine) and that I wasn't over-committed for the dates (I can do it).

My issue is that I can't finance the project myself. When I go to W2W and write the blog from there, I always pay my own airfare. U2FP comps the lodging & registration, or at least they have for the last few years. The Neuroscience Conference organizers aren't going to help, so I'm asking the community.

Do you want a live on-the-ground report from Asilomar? It's THE major gathering of spinal cord injury scientists in the world, and it's happening Nov 30 - Dec 3. I'm registered to go. I made a gofundme to cover my expenses plus a little to make up for pay I can't earn while I'm doing it.

Please??? Thank you!!!

Hey, ho, THANKS! Currently 1/3 of the way there, looking like we can make this happen.

Thx ~~

k

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    Hi, everybody

Recently it was suggested to me that the community could benefit from hearing about conferences other than Working 2 Walk -- especially the one that happens every other year at Asilomar. I checked to make sure they'd be okay with a live report published to the internet (they said fine) and that I wasn't over-committed for the dates (I can do it).

My issue is that I can't finance the project myself. When I go to W2W and write the blog from there, I always pay my own airfare. U2FP comps the lodging & registration, or at least they have for the last few years. The Neuroscience Conference organizers aren't going to help, so I'm asking the community.

Do you want a live on-the-ground report from Asilomar? It's THE major gathering of spinal cord injury scientists in the world, and it's happening Nov 30 - Dec 3. I'm registered to go. I made a gofundme to cover my expenses plus a little to make up for pay I can't earn while I'm doing it.

Please??? Thank you!!!
    Thanks Kate!

I really hope you are going to make it!
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Good luck Kate!

Bump. Come on guy! $10 here $20 there! I trust Kate to bring us interesting news - let's get her there!!
    ______
    Awe at my magnificent coq!

"You may say I'm a dreamer
    but I'm not" - J. Lennon

Kate Can you put a link please

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Kate Can you put a link please
    Not Kate, but:

https://www.gofundme.com/p56p55ps

And we just passed the halfway mark. THANK YOU!

I'm actually dying to do this . . . all the years of live-blogging from Working 2 Walk, and I still have only got to listen to a couple of dozen scientists. I'm most interested in how they talk about the state of things amongst themselves, you know? What they say when the audience is one another and not a bunch of determined people in chairs.

Oh you're going!!, I will be willing to help more, if your still lacking near the deadline . I really want you to go, for my own selfish reasons haha but hey one hell of an experience for you. You did a Great job with working 2 walk so worth it, great for the community on here

Thanks for your continued commitment and hard work Kate.