Thread: Quad belly

Quad belly

Hello all, I'm not sure where to post this so if I'm in the wrong location I'm sorry. I was just curious to know if there was any way to get rid of my "quad belly?" I'm a skinny guy every where else and my belly just seems to be getting bigger and bigger. I don't like it! Any suggestions or tips?

its your guts not fat. I do think standing helps push everything back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by mxracer86 View Post
    Hello all, I'm not sure where to post this so if I'm in the wrong location I'm sorry. I was just curious to know if there was any way to get rid of my "quad belly?" I'm a skinny guy every where else and my belly just seems to be getting bigger and bigger. I don't like it! Any suggestions or tips?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by mxracer86 View Post
    I understand what you're talking about. I we 93 pounds and it seems like it's all in my abdominal area. Sometimes I will wear an abdominal binder.

Blog Entries
    Get yourself an e stim unit and stim your abs.

Been using this for years http://www.ebay.com/itm/311058912710...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT it straighten out my lower back and keeps the belly from sticking out, don't feel bloated all the time, took some time getting used.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

I agree with the estim unit. From day 1 of my injury I used estim and modified crunches with theraband and I never developed quad belly. I haven't really stimed in several years but still no quad belly.
    ^^(A)^^

Thanks for the responses guys, I understand it's not fat considering I'm 6ft 4in and maybe weigh 150-180lbs. I just kind of sucks that it seems to slowly getting bigger. I thought about the E-Stim option but never pursued it.I was mainly curious to know what everyone else did to keep it under control. Thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by russianboss View Post
    Been using this for years http://www.ebay.com/itm/311058912710...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT it straighten out my lower back and keeps the belly from sticking out, don't feel bloated all the time, took some time getting used.
    Have you used this with a suprapubic catheter? I'm curious, could it be placed directly above (almost touching) the catheter?

You can hide the qb with some kind of binder. That is about the only practical thing I have seen used.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Blog Entries
    My son Evan uses the e stim unit on his arms , abs , hip flexers and calves. He also uses a fes bike and does his arms and legs 3 xs a week. He uses a glider stander 3 xs a week. He is in awesome shape. no UTI's , sores or respiratory issues. I swear by the stim unit, he has awesome abs. he also wears a ab binder when out of bed. Get yourself a unit and use it on a regular basis and I am sure you will be happy with the results. You can buy one online for about 80.00. We use the one that has 4 channels , that way you can stim more muscles at the same time. A single unit costs about 50.00.