Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I recently upgraded to Yosemite on my Mac laptop, and am not happy with it at all. I loved Mountain Lion, but it's no longer compatible with my online banking and shopping sites. Now El Capitan has been released, and supposedly it improves upon Yosemite's sluggishness and instability. Does anyone here have El Capitan installed, and if so, do you like it?
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Always wait for updates for at least a month before you upgrade your system. I am still only Yosemite
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Thanks, Mac85. The initial bugs are what worry me, too.

I changed and should have waited but had to upgrade same as you. Adobe isn't up to date so had trouble printing from James Hills site.

Update your browsers, and Flash player and you'll be fine on those browsers on the OS.
    BTW, El Capitan has added even more Accessibility features including switch control and beefed up dictation features.

There's not much choice but to upgrade eventually, as secure websites require the current browser and you can only get the browser with new OS. I didn't realize that El Capitan had such an array of accessibility features, Domosoyo. From what I've been reading, it sounds like El Capitan improves the stability of Yosemite and adds functionality without changing the look of Yosemite. Everybody's learning as they go, our local Mac techs have had no choice but to switch and they're still not adept with the new system.

I always update and the only issue I have found is that a lot of sites don't have valid certs to new software. I only wish some of the programs I need to run didn't use java

Yes, indeed, Java rules the roost. I've noticed the valid certification issue even with Yosemite.

THERE IS an update for el capitan, i read somewhere
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I ended up taking my laptop to the local Mac dealer and having El Capitan installed this morning. It was too big a download to manage at home, my modem couldn't handle it. You're right, Mac85, there was a huge update issued yesterday that was included in the download. I've been online most of the day testing things out, and so far I'm very happy with El Capitan.