Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair advice

TiLite has swing away arm rests.

Yes Bluesnow I have come to the same conclusion as well, I was hopeful for the Smartdrive to work me but no such luck right now. Emotions are better for me also, so now have to sell the Smartdrive I got, without insurance and a good rep, have to experiment on my own. Now time to save for a newer version of Emotion, I had the M11's, and yes Tilite does have swing away, and flip back, at the moment I use my Firefly exclusively, but it has given me even more freedom then even the Emotions

what is a firefly/

I should have been clearer, the rep said the Tlite did not have swing away footrests which I need for clearance for transfers. That's why he is recommending the Quickie GP swing away.

Just checked web, looks like the Tilite Aero R has swing way foot rests? And weight is much (approx 9 lbs) lighter then the Quickie.

Any feedback between the two manufacturers?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesnow View Post
    I should have been clearer, the rep said the Tlite did not have swing away footrests which I need for clearance for transfers. That's why he is recommending the Quickie GP swing away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesnow View Post
    Just checked web, looks like the Tilite Aero R has swing way foot rests? And weight is much (approx 9 lbs) lighter then the Quickie.

Any feedback between the two manufacturers?

Thanks.
    Great job, Blue! Never trust what a DMEs or manufacturer's rep tells you; they nearly always spout their biases (sometimes intentionally, sometimes unknowingly). Always do your own research, find what you think you need, and show them. It's work on your part, but it's worth it in the long run. Manual wheelchairs are notorious for being fitted and accessorized improperly.

RE Quickie versus TiLite: They both have their pros and cons. Either brand poorly fitted will be unsatisfactory. If the chair be fitted properly, I'd choose TiLite even if it cost a bit more.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    what is a firefly/
    Rio Mobility Firefly.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

You might also want to consider a Spinergy ZX-1 power add-on. It needs a chair with a camber tube, which many chairs with swing-away footrests do not have. My husband uses the ZX-1 with a TiLite ZRA that we had modified with flip-up footrests. The nice thing about it is that it does not make the chair heavy to push when he is not using it, like power assist wheels do.
    Last edited by elarson; 12-02-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

You can get swing away leg rests on the Tilite Aero R
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Just throwing this out there...I got a Tailwind power assist chair from Clinton River Medical for my daughter a year ago, and it's an absolute dream come true for her. If you're considering a power assist option, give it a look-see... http://www.clintonrivermedical.com/