Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sure Grip hand controls?

Question Sure Grip hand controls?

Does anyone have experience with the push/right angle hand control from Sure Grip? It looks like a nifty idea, but does it work well? I like the idea of a shorter stroke than the MPS equivalent.

Thanks,

Matt

I put my mpds back in. they didn't work great in my van for me.

Quote Originally Posted by h2othomas View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the push/right angle hand control from Sure Grip? It looks like a nifty idea, but does it work well? I like the idea of a shorter stroke than the MPS equivalent.

Thanks,

Matt
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I have the exact opposite experience. I think they work great, so much easier to use than my mpds. I liked them so much I put a set on my second vehicle. I can accelerate by merely resting my hand on the top of the lever. It allows me to drive without causing any fatigue to my hand. YMMV but I'd recommend testing them out if possible.

That is exactly what I do with my Monarch's. I've had them for about 30 years, No set of controls is a guarantee of success I've found that the vehicle and the controls need to match in a way that works for the person involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    I put my mpds back in. they didn't work great in my van for me.

I think it is different on each vehicle too. in the showroom I liked them fine, just not in my van. expensive screw up on my part. oh well. anyone wants a new set of suregrip pictured, i'll let them go cheap.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I've not tried the suregrip. How do they work differently than the Monarchs?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

the ones we are discussing are their right angle not push/rock. they work similar to mpds except the entire arm doesn't move when throttle is applied just 1/2 the arm. so you don't need as much room.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    I've not tried the suregrip. How do they work differently than the Monarchs?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    I think it is different on each vehicle too. in the showroom I liked them fine, just not in my van. expensive screw up on my part. oh well. anyone wants a new set of suregrip pictured, i'll let them go cheap.
    Am considering a set of these for a full size Ford van that currently has the Push/Twist lefthand setup. In particular, what didn't you like about these, and approx. how much would they cost? I am trying to avoid going through a dealer. Thanks.

Gotcha, thanks John.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Have not driven since 2002. Finally cleared all medical issue so I could apply for hand control training. That should go ok, although I have no idea what things look like out there. Sure Grip are what I was told by therapy.