Thread: Good yoga and or wheelchair Exercise DVD's for para's?

Good yoga and or wheelchair Exercise DVD's for para's?

Can anyone recommend Good Chair Yoga or wheelchair exercise DVD's. I have ordered a few but find most of DVD is for an able bodied person who can stand beside chair and do all kinds of things those of us full time users can not do. Any inpu tis appreciated.

You might want to contact your local MS Society office for this. Seated yoga is one of the most commonly recommended forms of exercise for those with MS, and often they local chapter will also offer classes. In my community, I also know of a recreation therapist who teaches adaptive yoga classes around the community for people with various disabilities.

(KLD)

Seated tai chi and Feldenkrais are two other exercise/therapeutic modalities you might want to look into. I agree with KLD that your local MS Society would be a good place to begin the search, even if MS is not your issue. If you have a community recreation center, there's a good chance that adaptive exercise classes are available there, too. We've had some past threads at CareCure discussing seated yoga and tai chi, such as http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...highlight=yoga. If you type "yoga" into the search bar, many threads will come up - same with tai chi.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Not alot of poses, but I started here...
    http://mayallbehappy.org/wheelchair-yoga/
    RYAN