Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 C500 Advance Seat Module Replacement Part Needed

2011 C500 Advance Seat Module Replacement Part Needed

We are looking for a replacement part for a C500 Permobil - possibly called the "Seating Board Control". I do not have the part number, but the one we need is 90 amps. The DME company is trying to find out from Permobil if one from a 2008 C500 will work on the 2011, which is 80 amps. According to the DME, a brand new one is $1500 which is ridiculous!

Back-story . . . we had this 2011 C500 "chopped" so that the seat spins 180-degrees in order to fit in a 4WD SVM Conversion Chevy. Everything worked great until this module went bad.

Any thoughts? I am hoping to have an exact part # tomorrow and we've looked on eBay but we have to make sure whatever we get will work.

Thanks!

Try calling Paul at Liberty Mobility: https://liberty-mobility.myshopify.com

Thanks Rustyjames - I will try to get a good part # and then we will call him. Keep your fingers crossed . . .

Permobil Part #1825774 or Part #613686???

Okay, so we called Liberty Mobility and gave them the part number that is on the chair that needs the replacement part. That part # is 1825774. Paul from Liberty said that that number is NOT in his catalog. He did not find that part number on an Internet search either.

We went back to the C500 Service Manual and on page 62, the picture that appears to be the correct part is listed as part #613686. I am going to try to attach a picture of that page only.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can locate the correct part - without spending $1500 to purchase a new one from Permobil? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Does the chair move or is it the seats not working right? Those power modules rarely go bad. I'm not familiar with Permobile but there should be a separate module for the seating. And your provider is incorrect, you have the 90 amp module, not 80.

The chair moves but very slow. The seat does nothing at all. Forgive my ignorance but I don't understand why the old one (80 amp) won't work in the new one (90 amp). The thing is we had the newer chair "chopped" to swivel the seat for my husband to be able to drive his 4wd truck. The problem is it won't go out of turtle mode so using the chair for anything but driving is beyond slow. It kind of defeats the whole reason we had it chopped - to be able to use the "tank" for driving and mobility once arrived. Does that make more sense? Thanks so much for any help!

Thumbs up Thank you Rustyjames!

Thank you SO MUCH Rustyjames! Danny was able to get a used part from Liberty Mobility for $349 including shipping. This is MUCH BETTER than $1500 new!

I'm a little confused, if the chair moves, even slowly, more than likely the control module I'd good. I think your problem is with an inhibit switch or something related.

Rustyjames, you have a very good point. When the chair was chopped, it wouldn't stay out of turtle mode, so the fabricator who chopped it covered the one sensor with electrical tape and taped another sensor so it would not connect, essentially "faking it out" so it wouldn't be stuck in turtle mode. This worked for about 3 weeks just fine, and then poof - it would not get out of turtle mode. That's when we sent it to a DME to have their guys take a look at it. THEY are the ones who say it's the module, but we do not know for sure. Does this make any sense?

Not sure what you mean by "chopped" but if the chair moves then you need to be searching for whatever is inhibiting it from coming out creep mode. That typically would be a faulty switch or wire. I doubt that it's a module fault. From personal experience I'm sorry to say that I don't have much confidence in the DME's. You might want to try posting over the forum at: wheelchairdriver.com because I'm not familiar with Permobiles.