Thread: Fantastic toy for playing with pets from a chair

Fantastic toy for playing with pets from a chair

I could see most dogs breaking or chewing this up in their first session...looks more like a cat toy. Check out this instead for dogs:

http://goifetch.com

(KLD)

The squeaker comes out of the mouse part pretty easily, but otherwise it's a sturdy little toy. Our experience with it has been nothing but great, like the 500 or so Amazon reviewers.

The iFetch looks cool, but it's pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    my dog would love this!

She has a yorkie - perfect for that toy. My Emma would destroy it though, lol.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I can see that working for very small dogs. That sort of thing is usually a cat. The dog version is called a flirt pole, and you can make versions that just stick in the ground and allow the dog to entertain themselves.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Even our ity bity Jack Russell would totally kill that quickly.

~Lin Thanks for the word "flirt pole". I'm going to try to make one for my husband to use from his chair with our dog. I liked this one for nice and cheap and easy: http://teamunruly.com/?p=3281
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

My neighbour's boxer pup is obsessed with playing fetch, she has a ''chuck it''...super easy to pick up the ball:

http://www.wag.com/dog/p/chuckit-spo...?cookies_set=1

You can make a super easy flirt pole using a horse lunge whip. But of course it won't be as strong as methods like PVC or wood.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by twistties View Post
    My neighbour's boxer pup is obsessed with playing fetch, she has a ''chuck it''...super easy to pick up the ball:

http://www.wag.com/dog/p/chuckit-spo...?cookies_set=1
    We have one of these, but a different style, you can lock the shaft for higher or longer throws. We have a white Lab that is a year and a half old and she will fetch all_day_long, even when she is tired as hell, we have to make her stop. Highly recommend this type launcher, saves your arms a lot of wear, as well as chuckin' the ball a long way out from my chair.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"