Thread: Handicap Parking Hologram

Handicap Parking Hologram

Last edited by Sugarcube; 10-06-2015 at 09:45 PM. Reason: wrong link

Wow. That is amazing and it seems powerful. I wonder if we could ever have that here (U.S.). Thank you for the video.

That's pretty awesome. I would guess that the technology would/might have to work in a darker environment, such as a parking garage to be seen the best. Outdoors I think the reflections for the hologram might get screwed up from sunlight. For added effect, a pink paintball shot to the hood of the car so everyone else knows what you did once you left the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tman9513 View Post
    ... For added effect, a pink paintball shot to the hood of the car so everyone else knows what you did once you left the garage.
    Or maybe a real shot. Your paintballl idea made me laugh out loud. :-) I've never seen anyone get towed because they parked in a HC spot. I almost feel like I would pay to see that.

A sad thing is that I remember being on a date while I was in college with a girl who used a chair (I didn't use one yet) and in the parking lot she said something about someone parking in the HC spot and I naively said something about the law and signs and she said it didn't matter, people parked there anyway. That was 30 years ago, 10 years before I started using a chair. I don't see being visible to the public as a realistic goal for disabled folks. Well, not in my lifetime. I do like the hologram though and your idea. I was kidding about mine of course. Thinking a bit of the movie Blackhawk Down - one clean shot through the engine block.

Oh, what if a drone stayed over the car after it left, projecting that hologram. Let it follow them around for two weeks.

This video has been making the rounds on Facebook. It's certainly ingenious. As Tman9513 noted, it doesn't appear as though it would work outdoors during the daytime. The bigger issue, though, is the cost of implementation -- it would be HUGELY expensive to install these in the THOUSANDS of HP spots in existence, so in the end it's almost certainly a novel non-starter.