Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Tillite ZRA drags like a tank and has no rolling cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Not a link to a video, but a link to the part number.
    So how exactly does it work?
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Quote Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post
    So how exactly does it work?
    With wheels in place and chair on level surface, slip the tool over the flats on one of the camber plugs. Check for level (ends of bubble are equidistant from two black lines); if not level, slightly loosen bolts holding camber tube in its mounts, rotate tube until it's level, tighten bolts, and recheck for level. (If your chair has camber, make sure the distance between bottoms of wheels is wider than the top!!)
    Last edited by chasmengr; 10-07-2015 at 08:11 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Not a link to a video, but a link to the part number.
    Thanks Chas.

Res: Here is the youtube video on adjusting the center of gravity for the Tilite ZRA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqlvohllnS4 fast forward to the 2:45 mark. That's when you will see the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by fasdude View Post
    Thanks Chas.

Res: Here is the youtube video on adjusting the center of gravity for the Tilite ZRA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqlvohllnS4 fast forward to the 2:45 mark. That's when you will see the tool.
    SCI-OTR used to say to use a large carpenters square instead relying on the little bubble in that level. The flats simply need to be at right angles to the floor. And in this you tube the guy only measures the cog set back on one side. When he is done he even only checks the cog setback on one side. It's no wonder folks are dissatisfied with chairs.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    SCI-OTR used to say to use a large carpenters square instead relying on the little bubble in that level. The flats simply need to be at right angles to the floor. And in this you tube the guy only measures the cog set back on one side. When he is done he even only checks the cog setback on one side. It's no wonder folks are dissatisfied with chairs.
    Since the entire camber tube moves as a single piece when you loosen the screws on each side, I assumed that the orientation of the camber plugs were manufactured to be exactly the same at each end. Therefore, verifying only one side is all that would be required.

Blog Entries
    Agreed. I'll add that I wish SCI_OTR was still contributing to the body of knowledge here.

Fwiw, I don't rely on any manufactured part on a chair to check/set toe. I measure the distance between a fixed point on both the front and rear of the tires.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by fasdude View Post
    Since the entire camber tube moves as a single piece when you loosen the screws on each side, I assumed that the orientation of the camber plugs were manufactured to be exactly the same at each end. Therefore, verifying only one side is all that would be required.
    There are two issues here, one if camber and the other is cog. You are correct, camber is set on one side with these axle tubes because the axle inserts are fixed to the axle tube. However the entire assembly which determines cog slides on the chairs frame need to be measured independently left and right or one side is likely to be offset more than the other. You can see the two ends flop back and forth in the video. There is no reason to expect them to line up perfectly.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Blog Entries
    There are two issues here, one if camber and the other is cog. You are correct, camber is set on one side with these axle tubes because the axle inserts are fixed to the axle tube. However the entire assembly which determines cog slides on the chairs frame need to be measured independently left and right or one side is likely to be offset more than the other. You can see the two ends flop back and forth in the video. There is no reason to expect them to line up perfectly.
    If they set the plugs in perfectly, yeah, but if not...gotta check the old fashion way to be sure!

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    If they set the plugs in perfectly, yeah, but if not...gotta check the old fashion way to be sure!
    If the camber plugs are not perfectly aligned to each other then the camber tube is essentially defective and should be returned for exchange.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    If the camber plugs are not perfectly aligned to each other then the camber tube is essentially defective and should be returned for exchange.
    Absolutely!