Thread: Proctitis?

Proctitis?

Last week I was experiencing some extreme pain where the targeted area being affected was my lower left abdomen. I didn't want to take any chances so I went and got it checked out. I was diagnosed with proctitis.

I believe this is a result from getting assistance with my digital bowel program. Is anyone else familiar with this condition?

Does anyone have any advice or tips concerning such?

Is there a hospital that specializes in teaching self bowel care to quadriplegics?

Thank you, all input is greatly appreciated.

The proctitis could be an effect of your bowel program. It is an inflammation in the colon. How are they recommending that you treat it? Did they give you any suggestions that may or may not be working. What does your bowel program consist of? How is your diet and fluid intake? Most importantly, what is your level of injury?

Did you do an inpatient rehab program? If so, they should have taught you how to manage your bowel program, including doing it yourself if you are physically able to do so. While this may sound ideal, it does take more time and energy to do it yourself. Most inpatient (or even outpatient) spinal cord injury programs should be able to work with you on this, providing it is appropriate for your level of injury.

Let me know some more detailed information and I will be happy to help you try to help you.

CKF