Thread: TR3 COG with curved lower frame

TR3 COG with curved lower frame

I am aware that if you order a TR3 with a COG of 3.5" or less then they give you the squared off lower frame rails. However, does that mean the COG for the curved lower frame starts at 3.5" regardless of rear STF height? So that if I have my COG set at 4.5" on the order form, I will still be able to slide it back to 3.5" if I ever needed to? I certainly won't need to go any further than that, I just didn't want to have it set at 4.5" and only be able to slide it back to 4" due to where the frame starts to curve.

Ask TiLite either here on CCC or via email.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thanks, I was not aware of that thread. I asked over there.

The TiLite form says any center of gravity ordered with less than 3.5" will have the square back frame. When I ordered my TR3 in 2012, I had the COG set to 3.5" with a special note to Sportaid to request the curved frame, just in case TiLite thought to make a square one. Also, make sure to request a CAD drawing; you'll see what frame they will make before signing off. I was originally going to order at 4" and then change it, but Sportaid assured me that wasn't necessary. So, yes, you can order at 4.5" and then slide it back all the way to the 3.5" setting on your own. But...

I found that I could slide my COG back a little further than TiLite's 3.5". I was able to slide mine back 1/4"-3/8" more, just into the beginning of the curve. At 3.5" my chair was good but a little tippy for my taste. It's now the perfect balance, making wheelies easy while still maintaining stability.
    Last edited by ala; 09-29-2015 at 05:13 PM.