Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of tubes for 26" tires

That size is also known as 650C, and was common in Europe, and was also a Schwinn size……S4?

You need these:

https://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/kenda-650c-tube

And yeah - 140PSI is ALLOT!

That may be the MAX inflation, as in, that's right before it explodes - is there a minimum inflation listed on the sidewall?

In my 650C shop chair I run maybe 60PSI tops

I run with 140psi in my MPEs. I've tried lower pressures, and I don't like how it feels.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Max sidewall listed pressure is 145psi. The bike shop only inflated to 60 psi, and I would bring it back to them, but I am now out of town so it's not an option.

I inflate to 140 psi mostly out of laziness. Above 110 I can't really tell much of a difference, but inflating it to near maximum gives me several more days before I have to top the tires off. Time is precious and all that.

So apparently the tire is defective. I got a new tube at a bike shop and the guy pointed out that even at 40psi the tire is starting to come off of the rim. This is probably what caused my explosive decompression when I aired up the tires the first time as well.

I'm out of town and I have to work 7-7 for the next 14 days in a row, so I guess I'll just hold my breath and hope the tires doesn't blow off or get pinched from being flat at 40 psi...

Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    That size is also known as 650C, and was common in Europe, and was also a Schwinn size……S4?

You need these:

https://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/kenda-650c-tube

And yeah - 140PSI is ALLOT!

That may be the MAX inflation, as in, that's right before it explodes - is there a minimum inflation listed on the sidewall?

In my 650C shop chair I run maybe 60PSI tops

Minimum inflation is 85psi, and that feels quite annoying to push, though it's not as bad as the 40psi I'm running at the moment... I suppose 40 psi is better than flat... I guess.

If the tires are under a year schwalbe will stand behind the warranty and replace it.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    If the tires are under a year schwalbe will stand behind the warranty and replace it.
    Unfortunately I don't have the time to monkey around with a warranty. I've got a new pair on the way already and I paid $60 shipping to get them quick...

This ordeal has made me seriously rethink having a 590 wheel though. I called about eight bike shops and found several that carried 559 and 540 tires, but none had the 590s. If my wheel was a little more busted and couldn't hold this 40 psi of pressure, I would be rolling around on a flat tire until the new ones arrive. At least if I had a 559 wheel I could get a temporary replacement from a bike shop.

[QUOTE=funklab;1779510]I'm out of town and I have to work 7-7 for the next 14 days in a row, so I guess I'll just hold my breath and hope the tires doesn't blow off or get pinched from being flat at 40 psi...

With your work schedule it would be nice if you had a couple of spare wheels. I've got about 4 in my garage and pop one on if I get a flat (when at home). Then it's off to the bike shop as husband and I can no longer change them.
    I've been in a chair over 65 years and always keep at least one "back up" chair.

I had a schwalbe tire split. I sent a pic and the info about buying it I recived a new tire by fedex in two days.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have the time to monkey around with a warranty. I've got a new pair on the way already and I paid $60 shipping to get them quick...

This ordeal has made me seriously rethink having a 590 wheel though. I called about eight bike shops and found several that carried 559 and 540 tires, but none had the 590s. If my wheel was a little more busted and couldn't hold this 40 psi of pressure, I would be rolling around on a flat tire until the new ones arrive. At least if I had a 559 wheel I could get a temporary replacement from a bike shop.
    MTB size is totally the way to go - I rock 2.35" knobbies!