Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful chair

Beautiful chair

TiArrow Z-Line. Announced today. Seriously good looking chair.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't know what to say. It is striking. From the narrowness of the frame tubes I am guessing that this is steel or chrome-moly. The name makes me think it's titanium. Who manufactures this?

http://www.tiarrow.com It is a beautiful chair. Does one have to get custom molded for that seat and backrest? The chairs are made in Sweden. Who are your US distributors?

It's titanium. Interestingly the bucket seat is somehow supposed to adjust width and angle wise. http://www.tiarrow.com/?product=tiarrow-z-line
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Blog Entries
    It is nice looking. A bit strange, but not in a bad way. I wonder how well a stiff cushion would fit with the curves between the sideguards and seat pan? The flat part of the seatpan is quite a bit more narrow than the sideguards.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Ummm, do brakes come with it? Reminds me of some art or design student project; great looking with little practability. The seat looks like a commode. How many times hitting the ground for car transfers and it's broken or cracked.

It might be okay since they made it adjustable , but I do not understand how to use stock cushions and the backrest does not look comfortable either. That said I remember sitting for long hours fishing in a boat from a similar shaped seat without a problem, but that was before this permanent paralysis. This design looks more like for the casual user who ever that would be, and they might not need brakes.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

They've uploaded more images of Z-Line. Thought I'd share two of those since this looks different from the white chair.

No paint this time. Just raw titanium and carbon.
    ...and a cushion.

Blog Entries
    That is cool looking. Carbon fiber rims are interesting, too. Single sided forks mounted backwards is something I don't understand, though. Biggest benefit of those is not tearing stuff up around the house. And the bowed cushion...totally wouldn't work for me.

Last edited by Oddity; 10-05-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments