Thread: Siri like system for PC

Siri like system for PC

Dear friends,

Do you know something similar with Siri for iPhone but which can work on PC? I'm curios if there is something like Siri but without the need to press any button.

Any link or related information is welcome and very appreciated. Big TY!

Blog Entries
    Upgrade to Windows 10
    and activate the Cortana feature.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Upgrade to Windows 10
    and activate the Cortana feature.
    This x2. "Hey Cortana" triggers it. Works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by quad.michael View Post
    Dear friends,

Do you know something similar with Siri for iPhone but which can work on PC? I'm curios if there is something like Siri but without the need to press any button.

Any link or related information is welcome and very appreciated. Big TY!
    Here's some more info on Cortona that might help. Cnet 'Hey, Cortana' on Windows 10

Just an fyi...You can now get siri to work without pushing a button. Cnet Apple's 'Hey Siri' voice activation

I just bought an Amazon Echo. It awesome, links into my home automation so I can turn lights on and off, sets an alarm, plays music.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I just bought an Amazon Echo. It awesome, links into my home automation so I can turn lights on and off, sets an alarm, plays music.
    I saw one of those last month and wanted one instantly... very cool, but expensive... especially when you add in all those extras for home automation. Maybe when I when the lottery. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I saw one of those last month and wanted one instantly... very cool, but expensive... especially when you add in all those extras for home automation. Maybe when I when the lottery. lol
    Very interesting. Great point on the additional cost with the ad on's for home automation.Thanks! Amazon Echo

I pre-ordered my Amazon Echo (4 to 6 month waiting period) for $100. I use it every day. I can play my Audible books, set timer or alarm clock, listen to world news, etc. It is best to be a Prime Member to take advantage of the Amazon ecosystem.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by noworries View Post
    Very interesting. Great point on the additional cost with the ad on's for home automation.Thanks! Amazon Echo
    Well, I already had Wemo lights switches before I bought the Echo (they come with their own app). With the echo I can just say "Alexa turn on bedroom light" and the light comes on instead of having to use my phone. Plus podcasts, music, alarms. It is amazingly handy. Most I have won in the lottery is 4 dollars, its not that expensive. In fact I pay the same for the deductible for my catheters every month.