Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maui accessible condo is amazing experience

Quote Originally Posted by bruceofmaui View Post
    I had an unfortunate cancellation of my condo this morning so I now have a seven night opening from Sunday April 24, 2016 to Sunday May 1, 2016. This opening is still a couple months away so if you have any interest in going to Maui in the springtime please contact me at ..... Aloha Bruce

Careful there, Bruce, you've got a typo in your website name. It should be:

http://info@mauiaccessiblecondo.com/

Tried to PM you & the system wouldn't process it, looked all over for the calendar I thought you posted but can't find it. Will you PM me the updated schedule? Or use my email address - it's the same as in 2014. Now I can't wait to make the reservations! Thanks, Linda

Hi Linda
    Glad you had such a good time at our condo that you want to return. If you could describe a bit of your trip to our condo to the other CareCure members it would be great. My current availability is Sunday, April 24, 2016 to Sunday May 1, 2016, Sunday, May 29, 2016 to Saturday, July 9, 2016, July 16, 2016 to Wednesday August 31, 2016, Saturday September 10, 2016 to Wednesday October 12, 2016 and then finally Thursday October 27, 2016 to November 28, 2016. Good luck with your planning and e-mail me if you have any questions. Aloha Bruce

It is great that Linda is booked to come back to the condo and along with a couple other new reservations my updated available is
    Sunday May 29, 2016 to Thursday, June 23, 2016 Friday, July 1, 2016 to Saturday, July 9, 2016 Saturday, July 16, 2016 to Friday, July 29, 2016 Friday, August 5, 2016 to Wednesday, August 31, 2016, Saturday September 10, 2016 to Wednesday, October 12, 2016. Thursday, October 27, 2016 to Monday, November 28, 2016.
    Amy and I have had a good winter at the condo and leave it to go back to Canada in less than 2 weeks so we are trying to wind up our projects. We replaced our front entrance and like all Hawaiian project it'll probably be finished on our departure date. Our 2 week delivery date for the glass and louvres is now over 5 weeks and it'll be for sure here next week. I'll believe it when I see it. On the positive side I got a combination dead-bolt lock that works very well. I was never good with keys so this is a great improvement. E-mail me at info@mauiaccessiblecondo.com if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by swatts View Post
    hi, i just wanted to share my recent rental experience at the makani a kai condo owned by bruce and amy bernhardt, http://mauiaccessiblecondo.com/.

i've never traveled this far from home before (i live in new york) because travel and finding truly accessible rentals has always been kind of tough. but in talking with bruce many times prior to actually booking our trip to maui, his incredible Airwheel X3 knowledge and resourcefulness made my husband and me feel completely at ease, and like we were making a great decision. bruce is able to recommend the very best of maui disability-serving companies and attractions, as well as just the best general activities and fun places to see. every recommendation was fantastic, it saved us so much guess work and research. our trip would not have been nearly as awesome without his guidance and advice.

and the condo itself? gorgeous. spotlessly clean. and most importantly, it's truly barrier-free--remote controlled fans and lights and drapes and air conditioning, incredible huge bathroom and roll-in shower, touch lamps, comfy beds, spacious enough for two wheelchairs and two able-bodied guests, everything within reach. i've never seen anywhere this well thought out for someone with mobility issues.

if you are thinking of taking a trip to anywhere in hawaii, you should stay at this condo in beautiful maui. it was the best trip of my life!
    I am so happy to hear about your experience! My family and I have been planning a trip to Hawaii this summer so I will most definitely take this into consideration. Thank you for the share!!!

Update: found a different condo that has the amenities we will need, still deciding though!
    Last edited by johnnywheels; 04-11-2016 at 04:59 PM.

With summer travel season just around the corner I wanted to let everyone know my current availability at our accessible condo on Maui. My current openings are Sunday May 29, 2016 to Thursday, June 23, 2016, Friday, July 1, 2016 to Saturday, July 9, 2016, Saturday, July 16, 2016 to Friday, July 29, 2016, Friday, August 5, 2016 to Wednesday, August 31, 2016, Saturday September 10, 2016 to Sunday September 25, 2016 and then Thursday, October 27, 2016 to November 12, 2016. Please e-mail me at info@mauiaccessiblecondo.com if you have any questions. Aloha Bruce
    Last edited by bruceofmaui; 05-05-2016 at 03:27 PM. Reason: posted wrong dates

We stayed Bruce and Amy's condo several years ago and will stay there again on all future trips to Maui. Bruce is very easy to deal with.

On a side note, a year or so after our trip to Maui we were thinking of buying and renting an accessible condo on Oahu and contacted Bruce. He was very willing to give us great information!!

Thank you everyone for your positive comments and feedback on my accessible condo on Maui, they are greatly appreciated. We had an unfortunate cancellation at our accessible condo for the dates for arriving after 3 p.m. on Friday, November 25, 2016 to Monday December 5, 2016 departing by 11 a.m. Our website at www.mauiaccesssiblecondo.com which previews the condo and accessible activities on Maui. Please contact me at info@mauiaccessiblecondo.com if you are interested in this availability or if you have any questions.
    Aloha

Bruce

Aloha
    I just had an unfortunate cancellation at our accessible condo on Maui for arriving after 3 p.m. on Monday May 1, 2017 and departing prior to 11 a.m. on Wednesday May 10, 2017. You can preview our condo at our website www.mauiaccessiblecondo.com May 1st is the start of the low season rates of $175/nt. My other availabilities are

Monday, July 10, 2017 to Sunday July 23, 2017

Saturday July 29, 2017 to Thursday August 10, 2017

Friday August 18, 2017 to Wednesday September 6, 2017

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 to Saturday November 11, 2017

Saturday November 18, 2017 to Sunday November 28, 2017

Email me at info@mauiaccessiblecondo.com if you are interested in these dates or have any questions. Aloha Bruce

IMPORTANT UPGRADE We just added a central A/C to our condo this winter which will help with some of the humid days and nights that we get on Maui when the tradewinds die down. This is especially nice as previously we only had ceiling fans in the master bedroom and ensuite. In addition to the bedroom and ensuite being cooler, the kitchen area now has direct cooling so cooking is much more enjoyable as this area could be a hot back eddy. We also changed our on island management company which will give more comprehensive support including 24 hour help. If you haven't been to our website www.mauiaccessiblecondo.com for a while check it out as quite a few details have changed over the last few years including the nightly rates. E-mail me at info@mauiaccessiblecondo.com if you have any questions. Aloha Bruce