Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ordered Frog Legs Double-Soft casters

I'm curious to hear about any updates on the Frog Legs Double-Soft casters. I am wondering if they are wearing well for anyone who has them (grommet?) and if they are still smaller than the EPICs on size from anyone who may have bought them recently.

We have some budget that we need to use quick or we loose it, so I'm ready to pull the trigger on them, but have not had much time to look into it.
    Last edited by elarson; 09-09-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I don't have much to report. I haven't been feeling too great so it's hard to notice changes in my equipment. When I look at the Frog Legs Ultra-Soft tires they do look like they are wearing - less round in profile. But I can't feel anything changing. Would I get them again? I don't know. My complaint with the Icon is the loud rough ride at the footrest. It feels and sounds like a wooden wagon. The Ultra-Soft's are helping with that.

Wish I could give you a better report, just not feeling well, so noting subtleties isn't something I can concentrate on now. If you get a pair I would like to hear about your experience.

Thanks for your reply Grommet. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

I'm having a hard time sourcing them in Holland. To have them shipped from the US might cost as much as Schmickings, which I am also looking into. Either way, I will let you know.

I hope you start feeling better soon. Big hugs.
    Last edited by elarson; 09-11-2016 at 08:52 PM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Banned
    Hello all, I am new to the forum but thought I would try to give info about the question.
    FrogLegs double soft casters are made using 6061-t6 aluminum hubs that are 1 inch diameter smaller than the standard Soft roll hubs. They are designed to be 65 shore A durameter but vary between 65 and 70. The wheels have a life time warranty but that does not include the bearings as they will need replaced every few years or so. The bearings are standard 608's and can be found in skateboards or rollerblades.
    froglegs also makes a slightly smaller than 4" wheel that is used predominantly in Europe that is 99mm.
    I hope this information is helpful.

Hi Mark, nice to hear form you :-) You and your family were so nice to me at a Disabilities Expo. I've been buying Frogs Legs products since about the time you started making them.

Thank you for the information on the Double Soft.

Can you explain why the wheels aren't 4" outside diameter at the tires? Before I ordered I was on the phone with FL and really tried to be careful to replace my 4" FL casters with the new Double Soft in the same size but they were smaller.

They do give a nice ride.

I have something else to ask about, the Frog Legs single side forks. I have them on my Icon. They are incredibly strong and I love that but, with a couple of days rain the bearings at the top where they meet the fork, rust up. I don't understand why this would happen, I thought they would be protected.

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Thanks for your reply Grommet. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

I'm having a hard time sourcing them in Holland. To have them shipped might cost as much as Schmickings, which I am also looking into. Either way, I will let you know.

I hope you start feeling better soon. Big hugs.

Thanks. This stuff ain't for sissie but the hugs help :-)

Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply. What I am concerned about is the outside diameter of the tread, based on what Grommet wrote about the OD being smaller than Epic's. Can you comment on how much less the OD would be for double soft 5"relative to Epic 5" casters? I'm already decreasing seat height due to a new cushion, and if it is more than a few millimeters, it might be a show stopper.

Also, I've heard that FL might be introducing CF casters at Rehacare Dusseldorf at the end of September and would really like to hear more.

I'm in a time crunch to try to get budget approved with a pro forma invoice within the next week or we loose funding. I'm struggling to find anyone in the Netherlands, or even Europe who sells the the Double Soft, but would also be interested in the CFs for pricing. We can wait another month or so for delivery. Would you mind sending me a PM to see if there is anything you can do to help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chelgren View Post
    Hello all, I am new to the forum but thought I would try to give info about the question.
    FrogLegs double soft casters are made using 6061-t6 aluminum hubs that are 1 inch diameter smaller than the standard Soft roll hubs. They are designed to be 65 shore A durameter but vary between 65 and 70. The wheels have a life time warranty but that does not include the bearings as they will need replaced every few years or so. The bearings are standard 608's and can be found in skateboards or rollerblades.
    froglegs also makes a slightly smaller than 4" wheel that is used predominantly in Europe that is 99mm.
    I hope this information is helpful.

Banned
    I think FrogLegs sent you the wrong wheels. I think you got 99mm wheels instead of 105mm. It is easy for our new employees to make the mistake but we should have caught it. Call Jill or Meadow and let them know about your wheels and we will send you a free correct size set.
    with regards to the unitines, we make a water resistant fork by replacing the standard bearing with water proof bearings.
    they cost more but I think they are worth it. The water proof bearings have a red seal instead of a black seal and work kind of like a high end windshield wiper blade, multiple edges.
    when they send you the new wheels, let them know that you need two waterproof bearing also.
    i hope this helps.

Banned
    I will try to find out who the distributors are in Holland...
    let you know soon.

Thanks Mark. I sent you a personal message also.