Thread: Bladder flushing with cider vinegar? Really?

Bladder flushing with cider vinegar? Really?

Son messaged me he tried doing this while his vetricyn re-order comes in, and that it hurts like hell, no surprise there. I cannot find any reference to flushing with cider vinegar.

Anyone doing this?

Um, no. That sounds extremely dangerous. Why not just salt water (saline?)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Vinegar contains acetic acid. People do acetic acid instillations, but at a MUCH lower concentration of acetic acid than is found in cider vinegar. You dilute acetic acid to a very low concentration (like 0.25 -1%) and use that. But I am no expert and he should check with his doctor for recommendations of what dilution to use and what type of vinegar/acetic acid to dilute. Maybe others who use this will post.

Ouch.... just.... ouch. Does his bladder still hurt? He may have chemically burned it badly....

Quote Originally Posted by Mommycares View Post
    Son messaged me he tried doing this while his vetricyn re-order comes in, and that it hurts like hell, no surprise there. I cannot find any reference to flushing with cider vinegar.

Anyone doing this?
    If you want to increase the acidity of your urine get a script for methenamine or something similar.

Actually Mandelamine/Hiprex does not make your urine more acid. It is not an acidifyer, but an urinary antiseptic. It requires an acid urine to activate though. You can acidify your urine (doubtful benefit for this actually) by taking vitamin C tablets (up to 1000 mg. daily) and avoiding alkaline ash foods.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Actually Mandelamine/Hiprex does not make your urine more acid. It is not an acidifyer, but an urinary antiseptic. It requires an acid urine to activate though. You can acidify your urine (doubtful benefit for this actually) by taking vitamin C tablets (up to 1000 mg. daily) and avoiding alkaline ash foods.

(KLD)
    My bad, my urologist told me that Mandelamine made my urine more acidic and there for less susceptible to getting UTIs.

No, this class of drugs transforms its urinary excreted drug into a very dilute urinary antiseptic (formaldyhyde) when the urine pH is below 5.5.

(KLD)

Just a word of caution and this may only be me but Mandelamine caused me to have diarrhea. My Doctor cut the dose in half and I still had problems. I am now on lots of Vitamin C.
    ^^(A)^^