Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NanoTechnology

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NanoTechnology

http://www.thatsreallypossible.com/n...y-superhumans/
    Apparently nanotechnology isn't as fresh as I thought it was. It is on the market today, very early on simplistic kind I would say, But what do I know. But the medical applications for the future could be insane, is there anyone really looking at nanotechnology for the spinal cord? Or is it still too early to even really look at anything specific other than cancer.

Not really the same thing, but this is our future "cure":

http://www.popsci.com/paralyzed-man-...and-prosthetic

I say FUCK that!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    I say FUCK that!!
    Because we are so close to a real cure right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    Because we are so close to a real cure right?
    Neither of us would know! But I'm going to go no we are not close. Having said that we are close to see a real improvements with their actual bodily functions, I really believe in the work being done in Russia

I say FUCK that!!
    Why??

Cause I'd still rather be dead, even with that. It won't help sexual function, or B&B I think it's great for amputees and should be continued for that reason. But not for paralysis let's get our bodies actually working, let's address the problem get our humanity back

Cause I'd still rather be dead, even with that. It won't help sexual function, or B&B I think it's great for amputees and should be continued for that reason. But not for paralysis let's get our bodies actually working, let's address the problem get our humanity back
    In my opinion, it would be easier to use this technology in bladder & bowel. They're simpler functions as compared to arm/hand. You only need one sensation each, when bladder is full and when rectum is full.

The great thing here is that they can directly stimulate the part of the brain where you would normally feel the sensation. It would feel normal (relatively), ike when you were AB. In a way, it's more human than a shit regeneration therapy. Regenerating axons don't know where to go. So you'll never go back to feeling normal with such treatment. Not to mention, they can't get host axons to robustly grow even a cm, let alone up to several feet needed.

It's like saying you wouldn't date a decent good looking woman because she's not Kate Upton or Jessica Alba.

Question wasn't it said in a symposium Dr. Young went to in China last year I believe, (can't remember what it was called or the speakers) that intensive physiotherapy and rehabilitation is needed after any sort of regenerative treatment. In order to re wire the body sort to speak. Dr. Youngs clinical trial is the only trial that even come close to having proper physiotherapy after a treatment! And apparently the results are pretty impressive considering that umbilical blood cells are not the best for regeneration. ESpecially compared to the autologous neural stem cells from New world's laboratories.

Question wasn't it said in a symposium Dr. Young went to in China last year I believe, (can't remember what it was called or the speakers) that intensive physiotherapy and rehabilitation is needed after any sort of regenerative treatment. In order to re wire the body sort to speak. Dr. Youngs clinical trial is the only trial that even come close to having proper physiotherapy after a treatment! And apparently the results are pretty impressive considering that umbilical blood cells are not the best for regeneration. ESpecially compared to the autologous neural stem cells from New world's laboratories.
    I highly highly highly doubt that the Dr. Young trial is causing any regeneration. There are no animal studies showing any regeneration (besides a few axons going a few mm's) with UCB. Nor does the recovery suggest regeneration.

Dr. Young is talking in theory when about rehab & regeneration. A regeneration treatment has never been done before. Rehabilitation is more likely to help a SCI learn to use a new spinal cord (bunch of mixing up wiring, clusterf*ck) as opposed to rehabilitation being able to guide axons to correct targets. That is magical thinking.

Are there animal studies on chronic SCI from New World Laboratories? From Dr. Young?