Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chevy explorer conversion van walkthrough

robin,
    nice ride snap a pic of your handcontrols too and exterior. love the floor, lanolium?

I love this van, yep I said it. life changing. should have done 1o years ago. couple obvious things I'm sure you have done. be sure the oem power base is down all the way.

Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Perfect, thanks John!

By the way, the first thing I did was drill out the rivets of the half-moon bar blocking the switches. I could not get my quad hands in to work them, so poof it's gone.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

good idea. I can work it but sometimes I miss the first one, that's why theres tape on it. I'm planning to switch to the pendant.
    the seat is 10x better, huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Perfect, thanks John!

By the way, the first thing I did was drill out the rivets of the half-moon bar blocking the switches. I could not get my quad hands in to work them, so poof it's gone.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Just talked to my buddy and he's picking the van up Monday or Tuesday to do the seat. I much prefer the smaller box with all three toggle switches straight up and 1 1/2" apart. So much easier to work. I am going to find an old box like that and switch these switched over.

Thanks for your help brother!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Such a nice unit, Fuente!

First time I seen this. You know the price? With transfer base and hand controls? and Lift?
    Last edited by Art454; 02-21-2016 at 03:10 AM. Reason: more info
    Art

You have no choice there that I know of. B and D is the lowest you can get to the floor of a chevy van thanks them for putting the fuse box under the stock seat that can,t be moved. Or puter box...all I know it can.t be moved.
    Art

The height of the glass from the floor is all the same on the transit...on all three heights as far as I can find on the ford site.
    Art

I hear you...they don't seem to give a dam about you....you go look at one they give you a price you say I will think about it you never hear gain from them. Go to a dealer lot and look at something they call you back for weeks lowering the price. I don't no how some of these mobility folks stay in business. I guess they think they own you and you have no choice. I look at some mobility dealers and they have the same van for almost a year.
    Art

sweet. no problem. I'm sure your guy can see from pic, that seat foam profile was lowered and flattened out a bit.
    glad you didn't go mini van. still transferring too? I thought you were going to drive from your chair this time around?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Just talked to my buddy and he's picking the van up Monday or Tuesday to do the seat. I much prefer the smaller box with all three toggle switches straight up and 1 1/2" apart. So much easier to work. I am going to find an old box like that and switch these switched over.

Thanks for your help brother!
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com