Thread: Ultimate off road chair??

Ultimate off road chair??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FbW_kVYcl0
    http://www.swincar.fr/

Hoo boy! If this was at all affordable, I think I'd get one.
    The suspension dynamics are quite interesting and I'm not fully appreciating what determines the tracking out of the four arms or for that matter, how it steers.
    Looks like the corners are communicated to each other laterally via heavy bowden cables or such.

Someone posted this on A tiny NJ planted aquarium site and there are already six posts about it. So I put it here and nobody gives a damn? Pathetic!

Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

I watched that on yahoo few weeks ago and as an off road enthusiast, I don't like it. I do take my hat off to the creator for making the effort but I see flaws. I have a buggy that will go anywhere that one will but it will do it with speed and exhilaration. If I do happen to flip it I also have a very well constructed chromoly tube chassis complete with roll cage. I understand his design made it pretty much impossible to add a roll cage but that's the major flaw with his creation in my opinion
    Last edited by roller; 09-08-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Well out east here things are a little more subdued than the deserts of Southern California. I like the idea of something electric that I can just get out and enjoy nature in going through trails in the woods Quietly and serenely.

That's cool man and I'm all for that. Guess I saw it solely from a petrol head, buggy owners point of view....
    If you get to try one or you do buy one, please post some video and share the experience here.

roller