Thread: Roho Quatro VS Roho High Profile

Roho Quatro VS Roho High Profile

which is better roho quatro high profile or roho high profile

Single Compartment Cushion? thanks, I need to buy one but I dont' know which one

The Quatro pro gives you a way to adjust the air in various sections of the cushion so you can lower the pressure in that area. That is a good feature if have an area that reddens or has a healed pressure sore. Also, if the adjustment valve is left open the air in the cushion shifts a bit slower making it a little bit more stable. This aspect is even more pronounced when the valve is shut. It does have the adjustment valve apparatus sticking out of the front of the cushion. I have not had any problems with that but it probably adds an ounce or two to the cushion weight. Because they are the same price I see no advantage to using the plain high profile.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

davidom1a,

Regarding "Single Compartment Cushion?" - you may also want to consider the similar air-type, single-compartment, Star Stabil-Air cushion. The primary difference between the Roho and the Stabil-Air being the presence of foam inside each of the Stabil-Air's air cells.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    davidom1a,

Regarding "Single Compartment Cushion?" - you may also want to consider the similar air-type, single-compartment, Star Stabil-Air cushion. The primary difference between the Roho and the Stabil-Air being the presence of foam inside each of the Stabil-Air's air cells.
    This is a good video explaining added benefits when using a Star cushion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=606&v=duel6lV8q2A

David,

SCIfor55yrs stated the difference pretty well. You really get extra value at the same price in buying the QUADTRO SELECT. You can operate the QUADTRO SELECT Cushion with the ISOFLO Control in the open position and it functions as a single valve HIGH PROFILE (with a bit of extra stability due slower overall airflow). Or you can operate the QUADTRO SELECT with the ISOFLO Control in the closed position and it operates as a 4 quadrant cushion for added postural support and stability. You can even change it on the fly if you want to change your seated position and lock in that position.

Feel free to contact me offline if I can provide you with any additional information.

Thank you,

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO Inc.
    tomb@roho.com / tom.borcherding@permobil.com