Thread: Activity Tracker for people in wheelchairs...

Activity Tracker for people in wheelchairs...

Awesome New Activity Tracker Designed for People in Wheelchairs

http://magazine.good.is/articles/act...le-wheelchairs
    ^^(A)^^

Blog Entries
    I'm following them too. My husband recently got a FITBIT and loves it. I will probably get one of these whenever they come out if the cost is reasonable, of course!

This looks great

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/08/fre...tness-tracker/

"That being said while it does sound like a good idea, Chaotic Moon has not really considered the idea of turning it into a commercial product just yet. However if there is enough interest, maybe it will."

Their contact information is on http://www.chaoticmoon.com/

Let's show interest.
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 08-27-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Any wrist based activity tracker works good for wheelchair users. I've used Nike Fuelband, Polar Loop and now a Garmin Vivofit. All have been working great for counting activity as a wheelchair user. As for comparsion to an AB who walks? Yes, you can compare it that but it's comparing apples with oranges.

It's definitely possible to compare your own activity from day to day and see if you're improving, and to me that's what matters.

...oh, and by the way. After having said what I said in the post above, I really do like the idea of the Chaotic Moon tracker! I hope it'll have the same battery life as my Garmin Vivofit (1+ year).

Quote Originally Posted by 1029xx View Post
    Any wrist based activity tracker works good for wheelchair users. I've used Nike Fuelband, Polar Loop and now a Garmin Vivofit. All have been working great for counting activity as a wheelchair user. As for comparsion to an AB who walks? Yes, you can compare it that but it's comparing apples with oranges.

It's definitely possible to compare your own activity from day to day and see if you're improving, and to me that's what matters.
    So which one of the wristbands could track continuous HR accurately without wearing a separate HR monitor and record activity done by someone in a chair?

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder
    I have wondered about this also, some way to track your 'steps' are it were like a FitBit. I am pretty out of the loop, do they all go on your wrist? It would be cool if you could calibrate them to match an ab walk, but I guess it's still tracking your activity all the same, right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steaksauce View Post
    So which one of the wristbands could track continuous HR accurately without wearing a separate HR monitor and record activity done by someone in a chair?
    Fitbit makes one. Mom gave me one for XMas. Haven't fiddled with it yet, don't know anything else about it, but she said it was marketed to work on push strokes if calibrated to.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

FitBits don't necessarily track steps specifically, they track movement. Although I could be wrong on this, I would think that for every push you have, the fitbit would probably record it as a step. You could probably call the company and they could verify. The FitBit HR also tracks heart rate on your wrist, and you can sync that data to your phone and/or computer to track long term use. They also track sleep patterns (also very important), and calories as well. Although the calorie tracker is very basic, you can link your fitbit up with myfitnesspal's free app for more detailed tracking of micro and macronutrients.
    Project Walk Atlanta
    SCI Rehabilitation
    www.projectwalkatlanta.org