Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving from chair

Driving from chair

I am in the process of arranging my evaluation for my new TRA. I am going to be getting the ZX-1 as well, at least that's my goal. I currently sit in a Permobil C500 and I drive from my chair using the Permolock. Are there brackets out there for the TRA to allow me to drive from? It would also be beneficial if the ZX-1 could still be attached. Any info is helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by mxracer86 View Post
    I am in the process of arranging my evaluation for my new TRA. I am going to be getting the ZX-1 as well, at least that's my goal. I currently sit in a Permobil C500 and I drive from my chair using the Permolock. Are there brackets out there for the TRA to allow me to drive from? It would also be beneficial if the ZX-1 could still be attached. Any info is helpful!
    I have never seen any brackets for a ZRA. The frame is one piece and is way underneath the chair so anything made would likely be huge and take away any flexibility the ZRA offers. In addition the weight of the chair might not make it too safe to drive in.

I used to drive out of a GPV and even it felt flimsy, but the lockdown bracket did fit it as needed.

Just my $.02

Ben
    C5-6 - 22 years

You could not count on the ZX-1 clamshell to hold you safely while driving. It could easily be dropped in the back of a full sized van while you drive, but then I assume a bracket on the ZRA would likely be attached to the camber bar and would be incompatible with hooking up to the ZX-1.

I was afraid of that. I wasn't sure how/where the bracket mounted to the chair. Thanks guys!

i was afraid of that. I wasn't sure how/where the bracket mounted to the chair. Thanks guys!
    are u able to transfer with a board and gravity if so get a 6 way transfer seat, it really is effortless after u figure it out. I cant imagine driving friom a manual.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Unfortunately, I can't transfer my self. I wish I could!

totally understand, got to do what works. there another thing out there cant think of name. its a backrest/locking unit for the van.
    Unfortunately, I can't transfer my self. I wish I could!
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

thx smoke, that's it.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I drive with my ZX1, think I have explained it all on here at some point.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97