Thread: invacare matrx Elite rip off medical device companies....

invacare matrx Elite rip off medical device companies....

So My seat back cracked in 4 spots. I find that crazy in itself since I haven't done anything to warrant this defect.

So my real issue is that I have to pay for a new one and started to look them up. Places like sportaid wanted 600.00 for one and I have seen other places wanting 700.00!!! So I was going to swallow the huge price tag when in desperation, I started to look for used or maybe even amazon. I finally came across a place that sells stoma equipment of all things that was willing to sell me one for under 300.00.

So what really pisses me off is that places that are supposed to be friendly to us rip us off just as bad. Places that I used to consider my go to place for fair prices...I guess not the case.

I really want to start a medical device company. Sell things for extremely high prices and make a ton of money.

Ok I'm done just another thing that we are charged way too much for. I'm sure the seat back cost 40 dollars to make and all the rest is pure margin.
    Last edited by cfx; 08-19-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    I finally came across a place that sells stoma equipment of all places that was willing to sell me one for under 300.00.
    A new one? Mind sharing where/who you found one for that cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Tman9513 View Post
    A new one? Mind sharing where/who you found one for that cheap?
    http://www.stomabags.com

I bought mine last week for 294.00 I notice that the prices are higher 350.00 I guess its still better than 600!!! I would call them and ask why the price changed. They might give it to you at the lower cost.

Also unlike other places they shipped it out fast and I received it in 4 days.
    Last edited by cfx; 08-19-2015 at 01:22 PM.