Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wifi-enabled intercom for front door?

Wifi-enabled intercom for front door?

Does anyone know of a good wifi-enabled intercom I could use for the front door that would allow two-way communication/surveillance through a cell phone? Ideally I would like one I could use for a two-way conversation even if I'm away from home.

On a similar note, I'd like to find a way to have exterior audio surveillance around the house. Any of the camera systems we're looking to install have very limited options, if any, for audio. The one it looks like we're most likely to buy only has one audio channel.

c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Thanks guys. The locks are cool, but I'm old-school enough that I prefer to stick with a key. The video doorbell looks like just the ticket.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    come back with feed back of any solution you go with ... trying to figure this out too.

https://ring.com/

It's awesome. You can answer your door from anywhere, even if you aren't home.

I agree with the ring.com idea. You can respond from your smart phone, even if you are not home. I saw a commercial yesterday while watching tennis and the lady was in an outdoor cafe and told the guy at the door (claiming to want to do free tree trimming estimates but really wanting to rob a vacant house). She told him that she did not have time as she was bathing the kids. You can tell the person anything you want to. You can tell them that you will be right there to open the door in the manner that you like or you can tell them to go away.--eak
    Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
    mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
    Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09

I have one, it is not 100% reliable but it is awesome. The UPS guy rang my doorbell in MN and I answered it from San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by ekephart View Post
    I agree with the ring.com idea. You can respond from your smart phone, even if you are not home. I saw a commercial yesterday while watching tennis and the lady was in an outdoor cafe and told the guy at the door (claiming to want to do free tree trimming estimates but really wanting to rob a vacant house). She told him that she did not have time as she was bathing the kids. You can tell the person anything you want to. You can tell them that you will be right there to open the door in the manner that you like or you can tell them to go away.--eak

I appreciate the feedback. It looks like Ring will fill the bill for us.

We have Ring and its great. I was worried why someone could not just pull it off the wall.

Per Ring.Com

The unit is securely mounted to the bracket thanks to two proprietary screws on the bottom of the Ring Doorbell itself. You would either need that exact screw driver or a crowbar to remove it from the wall/bracket, and even if that did occur, thanks to our motion detection and cloud recording, you'll be able to see who took the unit.We also offer lifetime purchase protection in the event that yours is taken!