Thread: Handcycle rental in Boston?

Handcycle rental in Boston?

I'm looking to rent a handcycle in Boston but so far failed to find a place that rents one.
    The nearest place I found is NE passage in Durham, NH. I prefer a place closer to Boston.
    There must be at least one place in Boston, no?

Thanks!

I know in Bristol Rhode Island they had a few handcycles at the office in Colt State Park that could be used free of charge, not sure if they still have them as that was a few years back I knew of this.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I know in Bristol Rhode Island they had a few handcycles at the office in Colt State Park that could be used free of charge, not sure if they still have them as that was a few years back I knew of this.
    I'm still looking for something closer to Boston because I want to do the minuteman bike path.
    But it's great to know about this park so thank you! I'm now checking the East Bay Bike path.

Others might find this useful:
    http://www.access-ri.org/explore/carousels/
    "Colt State ParkOff Route. 114
    Bristol, RI 02809
    401-253-7482
    4 different park areas: most have 2 accessible parking spots. Van accessible spots located randomly. Entire park is accessible for scooter/wheelchairs where paved paths are located. Of the 4 bathrooms located in the park 2 are accessible at this time. On a first come, first served basis, two hand cycles are available at the park for use through out the park or for the East Bay Bike path which allows you to travel along the Mt. Hope Bay."

The East Bay bike path is real nice, about 14.5 miles each way so total ride of 29 miles. I do it at least once a week, sometimes more. Might want to call first to make sure the handcycles are still available before you go there if you do go. They are both top end XLT seven speeds. I've talked with people who used them.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred