Thread: Weeds - and the kind you find in your yard/lot

Weeds - and the kind you find in your yard/lot

Did you ever pull weeds from a wheelchair? First time for anything, well, it is a real "blast." At least I was pulling the weeds from the ground instead of the weeds pulling me from wc. I have no idea how long this will take.

I have a garden chair. Old Quickie rigid. lowered, widened, 8 inch fronts, 2x24 rears. A little heavy on the front so it won't tip over.

Sounds close to my old Quickie. Do you pretty much stay on relatively level ground? How about soil firmness? It is "a lot of fun" when those rear wheels spin and chair not move. Do you transport tools or anything else. Any tricks to that?

I too have a garden chair. It's an extended wheelbase Quickie 2, 8" pneumatics on front, 24 inch MagicWheels on rear. Now that I think about it, I should add a some camber to it because I have run into trouble on the cross slopes. rlm, if I could ever figure out a way to disable the automatic rollback braking feature on these MagicWheels, I'd tell you to get yourself a set for your yard. When these things work as designed, you can climb nearly any slope. It seems like the gearing is lower than they claim.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

2,4-D and Triclopyr where applicable are your friend.

Wish I lived on level ground. My 2 inch Kenda knobbies don't spin. I pull a kids wagon to haul some stuff. Some stuff I just throw the direction I'm going.
    I burn with a propane weed burner. MORE POWER!!! Just pay attention to the wind direction and have the fire department on speed dial.

I have used knobby, but currently on chair are the AT. I use this chair also to haul garbage bags to end of driveway. The driveway tore the knobby to shreds in no time. My driveway is probably 30-40 degree slope and about 100'. I go up that backwards. Down forward. Need be careful. I could end up sliding down the hill forward and backward. Knobby definitely better in grass. But hard surface are bad deal. The A/T seem to last a little longer but not work as well in the grass. The wagon a good idea. My kids are long past that. I attempt balance any tools. If that not work, then the through routine. All this stuff just eats up incredible amount of time.