Thread: Shoulder pain

Shoulder pain

My son has been dealing with shoulder pain. He had xray done, nothing showed up. Just had MRI last nite and we don't have results yet. His ortho doc gave him samples of ZORVOLEX 35 mg. once a day. I was reading the drug interactions and I'm a bit concerned. My son takes Baclofen, Ditropan XL, Hippurex, enemeeze. Does anyone have any
    Input? It's Friday and I want him to get some relief over the weekend! Thanks!!!

Zorvolex is a modern incarnation of an older non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication called Diclofenac. For all practical purposes, it's a "chemical cousin" of Ibuprofen (Advil). In the late 1980's the brand name for Diclofenac was Voltaren. Mickey Mantle was the corporate spokesperson and the drug was a top seller. It went off patent a few years later and various companies have been re-packaging it in different forms, most notably a Voltaren Gel. Now a company has figured out a way to get the same drug (Diclofenac) to dissolve faster and, by doing so, allows for a smaller dose. That's Zorvolex.

Zorvolex, Votaren, Diclofenac are anti-inflammatory medications indicated for treatment of mild to moderate pain.

WebMD has a drug interaction checker: http://www.webmd.com/interaction-checker/

Here's one from Medscape: http://reference.medscape.com/drug-interactionchecker

You can type your son's medications in to check for potential interactions.

One issue to mention is that this is a new version of a drug that is already available in generic form. Depending on your insurance, you may find that Zorvolex is going to be quite expensive compared to generic Diclofenac once the samples run out.

I hope your son has a comfortable weekend.

Thank you for the quick reply and GREAT background info on this drug! I will definitely check out the sites. Thank you again!!!

OK. Shoulder pain. Has your son ever seen a massage therapist? Saved my life. I fell backwards once on my bed (T5 no abs) smack hit my head strained my neck black and blue should up the neck.

Friday off work, massage therapy. Benedryl. Benedryl. Almond milk (stomach) massage Sunday. Benedry; Back to work on Monday.

The drugs you talkin? Almond milk, protect his stomach

Thanks Jake!

Hey sorry for the late reply! I?ve faced a similar pain in my shoulders due to an injury last month while playing soccer. Since then I was having constant pain in my shoulder whenever I stretch to pick something with my hand or even when I take something heavy. Sometimes I have a pinching pain below the right shoulder blade which was really hurting. I tried some regular exercise that I found on the net, but it doesn?t work for me and I had to consult a physiotherapist in Toronto of the Physiomed clinic to have some sessions for pain relief.
    Last edited by pate234; 09-29-2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: the content had to be reframed

Quote Originally Posted by pate234 View Post
    Hey sorry for the late reply! I?ve faced a similar pain in my shoulders due to an injury last month while playing soccer. Since then I was having constant pain in my shoulder whenever I stretch to pick something with my hand or even when I take something heavy. Sometimes I have a pinching pain below the right shoulder blade which was really hurting. I tried some regular exercise that I found on the net, but it doesn?t work for me and I had to consult a physiotherapist in Toronto of the Physiomed clinic to have some sessions for pain relief.
    Wheelchair soccer??