Thread: Dural AV Fistula and Embolization and Recurrence

Dural AV Fistula and Embolization and Recurrence

Hi,
    I had a Dural AV Fistula identified after 3 course of seizure in 4/2014 and got emboli zed with ONYX.(left temporal convexity in the region of transverse sinus)The symptom was random wheeling sound on left year. After the embolization everything was fine and slight head ache started later and Brain Angio find a recurrence 6 months later, did another embolization and Fistula was completely closed BUT after few months, now, i had a piercing pain in my left eye randomly and has seizures coming randomly ( 3 times in 3 months).I am much worried ?
    CT Result is below:Hyperdense embolized material seen in extra axially in left temporal convexity in the region of transverse sinus with streak artifacts ? site of previously treated DAVF.
    Ill defined hypodense area seen involving left temporo parietal occipital lobe region including peri trigonal white matter with mild exvacuo prominence of occipital horn of left lateral ventricle ? s/o residual gliosis.

Thoughts?

RJpillai,

What does your neuroradiologist say about the findings? The description of "ill defined hypodense area seen involving left temporoparietal occipital lobe region including peri-trigonal white matter and mild exvacuo prominence of occipital horn of left ventricle ? s/o residual gliosis" is too vague to interpret. Why was a CT done and not an MRI? If an MRI had been done, what were the MRI findings? Did you have neurological symptoms other than the pain and the seizures?

I am wondering whether you had considered surgery after the first reoccurrence. After all, dural arteriovenous malformations (AVM) are relatively easily approached surgically and can be definitively eliminated. The fact that the AVM recurred suggests that it had not been adequately embolized the first time.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by RJPILLAI View Post
    Hi,
    I had a Dural AV Fistula identified after 3 course of seizure in 4/2014 and got emboli zed with ONYX.(left temporal convexity in the region of transverse sinus)The symptom was random wheeling sound on left year. After the embolization everything was fine and slight head ache started later and Brain Angio find a recurrence 6 months later, did another embolization and Fistula was completely closed BUT after few months, now, i had a piercing pain in my left eye randomly and has seizures coming randomly ( 3 times in 3 months).I am much worried ?
    CT Result is below:Hyperdense embolized material seen in extra axially in left temporal convexity in the region of transverse sinus with streak artifacts ? site of previously treated DAVF.
    Ill defined hypodense area seen involving left temporo parietal occipital lobe region including peri trigonal white matter with mild exvacuo prominence of occipital horn of left lateral ventricle ? s/o residual gliosis.

Thoughts?